PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Applicants Beware

teeepee
15th May 2007, 09:25
Do You Guys Know That Jetstar Is Only Hiring Australian Pilots As Per Capt.allen Clark Of The Company? (the Mere Fact That It Is Operating In Asian Countries) There Is An Appropriate Word For This Action Which They Eradicated In United States Of America Decades Ago :=

Mike Tuck
15th May 2007, 10:20
Sorry, I don't understand your point

flyboylipad
15th May 2007, 10:52
I think Teepee meant you must be either be an Aussie citizen or aussie resident in order to apply and have reight to work in aus as per requiremtnt in their web! Not neccessarily the typical blond blue eyed dude, unless thats whats he meant.

I think Aussie/Asians are more than welcome to apply

teeepee
15th May 2007, 11:14
point here is jetstar operating in the region with this australian cit. requirement is out of bounce,nobody will mind that if this company will operate in Australia. 25 years ago SIA started the "Asia for Asians" amongst hiring pilots and i believe we asians should revive this policy especially a down under corporation who just pop up and doing business in the region ("the brown people region") and descriminating employment to qualified brown pilots.:mad:, anyway it is jetstars prerogative i just wanted to desiminate it among us the minority,you know what i mean mate?:}

Metro man
15th May 2007, 13:23
For Jetstar Australia it is quite reasonable to require Australian citizenship/right to live and work. QANTAS and Virgin have similar requirements.

For Jetstar Asia this would be totally unreasonable, and impractical given that they have been cancelling flights for lack of crew. I know of some non Australians working there. Prehaps being Aussie run they tend to recruit in their own image. It would be easier for an Aussie interviewer to assess the training and experience of an Aussie candidate than someone else.

Prehaps they have some need for Australian citizenship and licences re crew bases and flying VH registered aircraft ?

Surely can't be too many Singaporeans affected if it were true as they would prefer SIA/Silk Air.

MelbPilot85
15th May 2007, 14:18
teeepee, you obviously haven't got a clue. Jetstar Asia have pilots from many countries, even direct entry captains. Now what do you think would happen if all the expat pilots got up and went home? How many airlines in the region would have trouble crewing aircraft?

It would seem to me (and this is just a guess), that perhaps you were knocked back and are a little bitter.....

Ndicho Moja
15th May 2007, 15:00
Teepeee, I think you may be unaware that JetStar and Jetstar Asia are different companies. To live and work in Australia one needs to be a National or a right to live and work in Australia. Jetstar Asia, on the other hand, has Pilots from all over. In fact I would hazard a guess that the Australians are a minority. Just a guess. This is a byproduct of availability of qualified people and this generalisation applies to all forms of industry, not just the airlines.

Ejector
15th May 2007, 15:07
The above post is correct. Hey, who would want to work for JetStar anyway, at least the Aust based one. ?

teeepee
15th May 2007, 15:35
a certain capt clark informed me re the aussie pilots only,IF jetstar asia is hiring dec's/fo's then i rest my case he he who wants to go australia and work anyway aside from buying one's stock of lamb chops and scotch fillet:O;):ok:

teeepee
15th May 2007, 16:11
ck your pm hankst

Choky
19th May 2007, 00:23
Yes its 2 diferent companies, one is totally Aussie, the other is half Aussie, and half Singaporean.

flyboylipad
19th May 2007, 12:25
hehehehe... true ha!!!

speedtwoten
19th May 2007, 12:49
Choky,
just like's STARSKY & HUTCH or ABOTT & COSTELLO or MASTER & SLAVE

kwaiyai
19th May 2007, 17:33
I remember meeting some Quantas cadets who were at MFA doing there CA6 exams enr to Sing to fly the A320 a while a go. last I heard was they were Xtending the Cadets in Sing. I know of some guys who have been offered work but are waiting for start dates etc due to this.