PDA

View Full Version : small cabin NJE fleet job

flareflyer
15th May 2007, 09:23
Sorry for the question, usually during the preflight on the ground is the pilot required to do everything?
I mean, fuel, catering, flight plan and all the rest?

And when airborne if the passengers need a cup of coffee, usually who does the service?

Thanks for the answers

Flare

redsnail
15th May 2007, 10:02
Hi flare,

The flight plan is done and submitted by Lisbon. You usually pick up the flight package from the FBO or Hotel before the first flight. If your plan changes, you wait by the fax for the new flight package.

With regards every thing else, yes, the crew does it. Tidy the cabin, rearrange the catering so it'll fit, do the paperwork, fuel and 1 will go and meet the passengers. In some airports we have cleaning staff who'll go through the cabin and tidy it up however, time's occassionally against you.

If there's time, a crew member will offer the passenger a drink before departure. If there's time in cruise, likewise. Generally with a small or medium sized cabin, the passenger is quite happy to look after themselves.

LB1985
15th May 2007, 10:54
In fairness to NJE crews, I think they do a damn good job in basically looking after all aspects of their trip and turnaround, from playing real-life Tetris with bags on a rainy day to crawling through the cabin with a dustbuster!
If your plan changes, you wait by the fax for the new flight package.
Though why ~28 pages can sometimes be needed for a positioning sector of 30 miles or so escapes me :} (I've seen the NJ USA colleagues require 47(!) pages for the same sector though!)

redsnail
15th May 2007, 11:25
It's like diss my friend. :}

If we have the perf charts on board then we don't need a whole tree, if we don't have the perf charts and International Planning did it, we need a couple of forests. (I like the overview page they send. Very useful)

theWings
19th May 2007, 01:33
playing real-life Tetris with bags on a rainy day to crawling through the cabin with a dustbuster!

Hey LB,

Don't you mean NJE F/Os? ;)