PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Command EK

lois lane
14th May 2007, 23:17
Can anyone tell me whether or not new fo applicants at EK with 2000+ jet cmd time will go into an accelerated cmd program.Is there such a program? and if so could someone please shed some light on it.
Also,just how short of cpts are they that they need such a program.

Saltaire
15th May 2007, 01:06
Yes it is....2k or more on 55+ ton A/C. Don't you just love the leap frogging. Seniority means squat in the desert. Very man for himself.....:ugh:

flying fijian
15th May 2007, 04:00
hi lois

That sounds about right.I have a couple of colleagues joining ek soon with loads of ng command time who are on a promise as well.I believe its 18 months to an upgrade.....

LHR Rain
15th May 2007, 08:10
Promises Promises what are they good for absoultely nothing say it again.
Especially at EK were lies are S.O.P. Just ask ED, he will lie right to your face or put it in a memo for you. Your choice

fatbus
15th May 2007, 08:14
dont think any promises were made to anyone, accelerated possible but only if it can be fit in to the training plan ie: another FO to replace you

dusty777
15th May 2007, 10:01
12 months to accelerated command for one lucky fellow just about to go through the U/G on 330.

donpizmeov
15th May 2007, 12:20
Are sure its on the 330 Dusty? It would seem that there are quite a few fellas with 3.5 to 4yrs as FOs and still waiting on that fleet. :confused: They are still accelerating guys onto the Boeing though.

Don

Aircav
16th May 2007, 08:20
Thought there were no accelerated commands on the Bus due to the availabilty of qualified FO's.

He might be doing a transition upgrade on to the Boeing, seeing as those of us that have been here more than 3 years and have more than 2000hrs command, but on turbprops, are not worthy of such consideration.

Dusty777, correct me if I am wrong so I can go in and :ugh:

Keep recovering.