PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Operators with "N" Reg outside USA?

Sheep Guts
25th Feb 2001, 08:14
Ok guys this is just a probe. Can someone give me a lead on any Corporate Operators with "N" reg aircraft outside the USA? Have been unsuccessful so far. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif Other than Netjets M.E. By this question you can probably gauge I am in the job market. :)

Regards Sheep

P.S. Any replies appreciated! :)

------------------
Props are for boats!Unless its a Kingair.

Lear35pilot
27th Feb 2001, 04:31
Sheep!

There is an operator in the U.K. Corporate Jets I belive they call themself. Fly Learjet 31 and 60.

There are also two companies that operate their own jets in Sweden; Kinnarp (Furniture company, CE550) and VM Data (Computer company, Hawker ? and Challenger 601).

Best of luck!

LJ

Deeko01
27th Feb 2001, 12:03
Lear,

I think you will find Corporate Jets were not a corporate operator in the UK, but a company who operated 3 x LR60's and one LR31 on a syndicate owned basis.

Now they actually operate on the EI- register and have an AOC under Irish Air Transport and have also sold 1 LR60 and 1 LR31 and so now operate 2 LR60's.

I dont particularly agree with operators in the UK who keep their aircraft on N and VP- registers for example to try and save money and regulations.

Corporate Jets tried to exchange money for a flight in the UK whilst having no AOC and still on the N register, they were found out by the CAA and got into a lot of trouble, they even appeared in a tabloid last month after being found out.

V2Climb
27th Feb 2001, 13:33
We have our aeroplane on the VP register mostly so we can utilise US and UK licenced crews. Cayman will validate both - very sensible. :)

mutt
27th Feb 2001, 14:04
Deeko01

Whats the problem with an operator keeping an UK based aircraft on the N or VP register provided that they dont charge for their services?

Mutt

Deeko01
28th Feb 2001, 01:06
Mutt,

Exactly thats the problem as long as they dont charge for their services but their is companies who do and probably don't even have an AOC.

Whilst the operators who have an AOC and are on the G- register seem to be more a target by the CAA, and the cowboys get away with it a lot and whilst I would never stick a company into the CAA I would be quite happy if they were found out, the saying what goes around comes around comes too mind.

But as for your original question years ago you would very seldom see this happening but it seems tho be the norm now my question is what is the point of it?????

Sheep Guts
28th Feb 2001, 05:23
Thanks Guys for the replies. Lear thank you, I will research the two later Companies. I err, probably should have rephrased the question, to ask what Private Jet or Turbo-prop operators, use "N" or Cayman rego Aicraft in the UK ?
Mutt you seem to have more info could I possibly email you. My email is [email protected]. If you wish to converse further on the subject.

Regards to all,
Sheep.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sheep Guts (edited 28 February 2001).]

Mike Echo
28th Feb 2001, 12:42
Hi Sheep
If it is any interest there is or was a book published by Air Britain called "1998 United Kingdom and Ireland Civil Aircraft Registers"
Section 8 contained a listing (13 pages!)of "None British Aircraft Currently Located or under Rebuild in the British Isles" Obviously it could never be complete and is now well out of date, most are light aircraft. But it covers even the airliners. I've no idea if it is still published. If you e-mail me a fax or address I'm happy to photocopy and send them.
Mike Echo

Sheep Guts
1st Mar 2001, 05:30
Thanks Mike Echo,
I have no fax where I am at the moment(Typical but I will work on it), just email.Would the A/C register on the web have these non UK reg A/C?Thanks for the info, will try to get a copy, thanks much. :)

Regards
Sheep

------------------

mutt
1st Mar 2001, 08:50
Sheepguts,

I'm a man of many questions not answers plus I'm definitely not in the UK. Why do you want a FAA operator?

Deeko01

I fully agree with you that UK COMMERCIAL operators should operate JAR registered aircraft with JAR flight crew. However I dont see why private non-commercial companies would even attempt to put an aircraft into the JAR system.

You also have the situation where aircraft such as the GIV and BBJ may not even be certified as JAR aircraft. Can anyone correct me on this?

StressFree
1st Mar 2001, 13:21
mutt,
The G IV and BBJ are both certified. The BBJ is however still waiting for full CAT 3 certification, which Boeing promise will happen soon.
Our planes are UK based and are on the Bermuda reg. There is no loss of standards as the Bermuda DCA operate to the ANO (Overseas Territories).

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

mutt
1st Mar 2001, 21:42
Thanks StressFree,

The last that I remembered reading on it was that the JAR certification costs were driving Gulfstream crazy, they had reached $30m. I never read that the G5 had obtained the certification.

I presume that you keep your aircraft registered in Bermuda for Tax reasons, or are there other advantages?

Mutt

Mike Echo
2nd Mar 2001, 21:39
For all those interested the year 2000 book I mentioned is available off the web from the following
www.air-britain.co.uk/books/acatalog/ (http://www.air-britain.co.uk/books/acatalog/)
and again it covers known Non "G" registered aircraft based in the UK.
Mike Echo

Sheep Guts
4th Mar 2001, 04:28
OK Mutt you answered your own question! :)

Thank you Mike Echo for your info much appreciated,

Regards
Sheep

------------------