PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher Courses

MancRed
14th May 2007, 13:20
Hi, Does anyone know if a company has any Aircraft Dispatchers courses running to obtain a licence to use for any other company, if so can you point me in the right direction

Chopper69
14th May 2007, 20:59
Until EASA get their act together, the only qualification to hold is an FAA disptachers licence. It has been argued by many that it is not relevant to the JAA/EASA environment, but a lot of the regulations are comparable and it's still the only recognised international qualification, for example, some Airlines will not even interview you unless you hold this qualification. It isn't cheap, the courses are about 3 grand plus flights, accomodation, etc, although some Airlines will sponsor you. Also, you have to take the exam in the US which can be an issue for some people.

evertonmad
15th May 2007, 06:34
Like Chopper mentioned, getting a dispatcher licence is not cheap (with travel expenses, hotel bills, course fees it'll be approx 10,000USD), but if you can organise the funds required I recommend Flight Safety LaGuardia NY. Most of their instructors are part timers who have full time jobs with airlines in dispatch and related fields. The result is that you get to learn the theory required for the exam, but also get a more practical background on how to put all this knowledge to use in a job situation. I go there for annual recurrent training and I learn something new every visit. Email their head instructor Sabry for course dates and prices. [email protected]. If you do book a course, stay out in Garden City Long Island near the Roosevelt Mall. Downtown Manhattan hotels are severely over-priced at the moment.