PDA

View Full Version : VLJ'S

Lychee
14th May 2007, 07:29
Any opinions on the VLJ market in europe? Is there an appetite for such aircraft and what minimums will be required by the manufacturers?

All the best

Lychee

Abbeville
16th May 2007, 23:03
That was a little harsh Petrolhead?

Hard to say Lychee. The only thing I have picked up on was that single turboprops are becoming flavour of the month at the moment. VLJs are a bit behind re:delivery schedules which will affect things somewhat. I also suspect that single turboprops can probably hall more and further out of shorter strips than the VLJs can. I may well be wrong tho'.

A

falconfreak
17th May 2007, 04:28
Especialy for the first post???????:hmm:

J32/41
17th May 2007, 11:32
I know of an operator in Europe who have ordered more than 100 VLJ's to start in 2009.

LEA have also got 7 Mustangs or order.

I can't see how they are going to be a huge success, once you have 2 Pilots & full fuel onboard they are very limited. Much better operating a CJ/CJ1 in my opinion.

:cool:

Lychee
17th May 2007, 16:28
Dear Petropenis

You are right about researching the subject on the sites you have mentioned, funnily enough I indeed thought about doing that and carried out the research before starting this thread, I guess that makes me a genius as well as yourself.

You may not value other users opinions or appreciate rumours (pprune - the clue is in the name), but I do.

I hope you posted whilst having a bad day and look forward to hearing your most valuable opinion (note singular not plural) in the future.

All the very best

Lychee

ps have you ever thought that what the manufacturers print may not be the truth? And by the way the earth is round and not flat as some people may have told you, and don't believe your girl everthing she tells you as she told me some howlers the other night!

theWings
19th May 2007, 01:28
once you have 2 Pilots & full fuel onboard they are very limited

Agreed, but on shorter trips, they are pretty good.

For 2/3 pax trips of < 1.5hr, they will be difficult to beat on price. They may be aimed at owner operators in the US, but Cessna are clever enough and experienced enough to have built an aircraft which will thrive worldwide. This aircraft will take a big chunk out of both the Citation II and Kingair markets.