PDA

View Full Version : SAR training

Contract Dog
14th May 2007, 05:37
Hi all, I have a flight coming up where we have to do a mock SAR using an ELT on 121.5mhz. Do any of you have any good training manuals or litriture on this? The net was not too helpfull. I heard Ralph Brammer may be able to help but dont know him or know where to find him, any of you out there able to help? please!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Dog

MD12
14th May 2007, 12:52
IAMSAR manual is what you are looking for:

Jointly published by IMO and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the three-volume IAMSAR Manual provides guidelines for a common aviation and maritime approach to organizing and providing search and rescue (SAR) services. Each volume (available separately in loose-leaf form, binder included) can be used as a standalone document or, in conjunction with the other two volumes, as a means to attain a full view of the SAR system.

The IAMSAR manual is divided into three volumes:

Volume I, Organization and Management, discusses the global SAR system concept, establishment and improvement of national and regional SAR systems and co-operation with neighbouring States to provide effective and economical SAR services.
Volume II, Mission Co-ordination, assists personnel who plan and co- ordinate SAR operations and exercises.
Volume III, Mobile Facilities, is intended to be carried aboard rescue units, aircraft and vessels to help with performance of a search, rescue or on-scene co-ordinator function, and with aspects of SAR that pertain to their own emergencies.

Voel
16th May 2007, 15:45
Have you tried Santjie White or Charles Norval at ATNS or Pat Modiba at the RSA DoT (SASAR)?