PDA

View Full Version : VB Recruiting again?

DUXNUTZ
12th May 2007, 16:39
Hiring or not? Competitive requirements? All i see on the site is "expressions of interest" stuff.

Wondering if they are just screening if there is a demand for Pay for Training, or if they need to go to the bond?

Guess i'll just call Dick and ask.

Cheers5
13th May 2007, 00:03
I really don't understand, I know dozens of pilots, up around the 4500 hr mark, plenty of twin time, plenty of turbine time, and have never heard anything from virgin recruitment.

Is there something these guys are missing?

Yusef Danet
13th May 2007, 05:08
DUX,

Yes recruiting. Of course. VB is presently by their own conservative measure 50 pilots short, losing them at a rate faster than they are being replaced, and attempting to introduce two new fleets in two years as well as a small increase in the 737 fleet.

Altering the endorsement requirement is frequently discussed but as yet undecided or at least unannounced.

Notwithstanding... do not touch the VB Embraer. The current proposal is still somewhere between a **** sandwich and a poisoned chalice. Add to this the sneaky way the company redefined the joining/promotion levels for FOs joining after Nov 06 (previously 500 hours on type to get Level 3/65%, now 2000 on company aircraft.) and VB is a less appealing prospect than it once was.

VMCA
13th May 2007, 06:49
As of 1st July Vb will pay for endorsements. Expect serious bond conditions.

Aussie
13th May 2007, 07:09
Is that official mate,or u heard a rumour?

Launchpad McQuack
13th May 2007, 08:18
As of 1st July Vb will pay for endorsements. Expect serious bond conditions.

Are you 100% sure mate? I mean, it's confirmed and not just hear-say?

Jet_A_Knight
13th May 2007, 11:52
Short of crews??

There are still PLENTY of experienced turboprop crews around for the uptake - that have never got a call - for reasons no one seems to know.:confused:

FlexibleResponse
13th May 2007, 12:55
Just keep applying until you get a firm "NO".

Then try again later...

DUXNUTZ
13th May 2007, 17:52
Thanx for the info Yusef.

Would like to fly the Emb. but finding hard to find what conditions are on offer.

sprucegoose
13th May 2007, 21:51
The conditions will be the same as the 737 except for pay obviously. It seems E-jet captains will be on 80% of 737 captains pay whatever that ends up being and E-jet FO's will likely be on 55/60/65% of that depending on what level they are in. As for the rest it is undecided because there is yet to be an EBA agreed to which contains the remainder of the terms and conditions.

DUXNUTZ
14th May 2007, 02:44
cheers!:ok:

Yusef Danet
14th May 2007, 03:34
Dux

we can't really pass on any details at this stage, as they are all in the form of the AFAP claims or VB management offer, which may make it into a proposed EBA, which will then be voted on.

VB will need plenty of Boeing FOs in the next year or so, who will be paid 25% more than their brethren on the Emb, are likely to pay less/be bonded less for type rating and hold a far more marketable type rating.

As it stands there is very little to attract a new hire to fly the Emb. Until the news about Jetstar EBAs came out I would have directed anyone to an A320 ahead of an Embraer. Now I'm not so sure...

VMCA
14th May 2007, 08:27
Aussie and launchpad. Fact:ok:

farrari
15th May 2007, 00:19
Does any one know when their 777 are due-Thanks;)

18-Wheeler
15th May 2007, 11:25
Are they going to be looking at experienced guys?
I'm pretty keen to come back to Aus, I dont' really care which seat I sit in.

sweetpollypurebred
15th May 2007, 12:20
seat 43C should do it:ok:

DUXNUTZ
15th May 2007, 15:42
I'd sling gear.
I'm getting really good at flying with both hands. One to raise the gear and the other to deflect the slaps from my captain!