PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Corporate Operators?

alatus
27th Jul 2000, 01:03
I am aware of some of the major Corporate Operators in the Middle East but I have been hearing rumours of new operators in the region. Can anyone provide a few names and numbers. I use to fly G3's in Saudi a few years ago and I would like to get back to the region (don't want to do another Canadian winter)

Thanks,

Alatus

LAVDUMPER
27th Jul 2000, 22:02
Hope this is helpful for you. Sounds like a good opportunity!

NETJETS MIDDIE EAST (Gulfstream, Falcon, and Hawker Captains & First Officers )
P.O. Box 20402, Jeddah 21455 Saudi Arabia
Tel: no calls
Fax: +966-2 652 1155
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: none
Netjets MiddIe East is a pioneer company in Private and Executive Jet aviation in the Middle East. They are looking for qualified Captains & First Officers to fly Gulfstream, Falcon, and Hawker aircraft. Captains: Gulfstream GIV: 5000 hours TT, 2500 hours turbojet and 1500 hours PlC. Falcon & Hawker: 3500 hours TT, 1500 hours turbojet and 500 hours PIC. . . First Officers: Falcon/Hawker: 1500 hours TT, 1000 hours turbojet and 500 hours PlC. Interested Captains, First Officers should submit a detailed resume, career history, as well as flying experience with a breakdown of their total flying by email Attn: Manager, Human Resources.

Send this job to a friend!

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!

mutt
28th Jul 2000, 01:09
I've seen this ad, but i have also heard from a good source that they arent employing G4 crews, they have all that they need.

One rumour that i did hear was that they are trying to sell their next 2 G4's before delivery.....

The joys of aviation, rumours rumours rumours.

Mutt

Skaz
31st Jul 2000, 22:21
Why does it seem that all the Corporate Aviation Companies are only interested in pilots that are already qualified with ratings & TOT. Perhaps some lucky few aviators pop outta the womb type rated with ATPL & however many thousands of hours are needed to secure a goog future in aviation.
I know genetic science are making progress by leaps and bounds, but this is rediculous.

The biggest proportion of guys seem to want to go the airline route, but for the few of us setting our sights on corporate aviation, what the hell are we supposed to do to get our trembling, slighty sweaty little feets in the door??????
I just clocked 800 hours TT yesterday, with a precious +/- 600 as PIC & 300 ME, where shall this pour soul find the way to corporate aviation nirvana??

Unfortunately my daddy aint no rich oil baron with his own fleet of corporate jets, sigh...Anyone got any leads whatsoever on getting said foot in the door ?

122222+
1st Aug 2000, 20:59
With an attitude like that!!! I would NOT give you a job tip.

Skaz
2nd Aug 2000, 17:28
hey 12222222222+ what is your problem, I have travelled to a number of foreign countries searching for employment and presently working my ass of, flying and studying to better qualify myself for a shot at a great job, should i get the opportunity!!!
So, pray tell, the ^&*( is wrong with MY attitude?

LAVDUMPER
2nd Aug 2000, 18:31
122222+,

Yeah, quit being such an **** ! Obviously you don't understand sarcasm...

It's people like you who make it difficult for the rest of us - a dry, humourless, loner of an a*seh*le.

This Skaz guy sounds like he is enthusiastic about corporate aviation - I think someone with contacts should help him network - there are just too many jaded pilots out there. Enthusiasm is refreshing.

Fresh blood is needed in the corporate ranks - as is evidenced by 122222+ and his haughty and contemptuous attitude. Who would want to fly with a ****** like that?

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!

con-pilot
2nd Aug 2000, 20:42
Skaz, I will try to answer your question as best as I can, however this is just my opinion.

One reason, and to me the biggest reason, that corporate operators like myself prefer to hire experienced pilots is a lack of a training program within the corporate environment for low time pilots. The majority of corporate aircraft operators only operate one aircraft, about 75%.

Another major reason, of many, that CEOs have company planes is to be able to know and chose the pilots that their lives depend on. So we hire experienced pilot for both seats. Therfore when someone takes a vacation or gets sick all we have to do is hire a free lance pilot to fill in as co-pilot or FO if you perfer. There are some companies that do hire low time pilots as a third pilot for a two crew aircratft. While this is good for the less experienced pilot to learn and get experience it can be frustrating because of lack of promotional oportunities, therefore resulting in high turnovers.

I know it is really hard to break in, so to speak. So I would suggest that you get a job with a commuter airline to build time and gain experience. A lot of really good pilots come that part of aviation. No it doesn't pay good and the working conditions suck, but you have to start somewhere.

We are getting another airplane in about a year or so, when it is built. I will be hiring two more pilots. One will be a very experienced international captain who I used to fly with, the second pilot I hope to hire from a commuter airline just because that type of experience.

So good luck and don't pay attention the rude jerks that don't seem to be able to answer a good question.

[This message has been edited by con-pilot (edited 02 August 2000).]

alatus
2nd Aug 2000, 22:04
I think we are now completely of topic. I was simply requesting names and contact info for Corporate operators in the Middle East. Can anyone post additional info beside NetJets in Jeddah, Thanks

Alatus

LAVDUMPER
2nd Aug 2000, 22:10
Con-pilot,

Just curious, what kind of aircraft are you planning to bring on? What minimums would you be looking for?

Thanks - and sorry about getting a bit "off track"...

con-pilot
2nd Aug 2000, 22:52
Lavdump, It is a Falcon 900EX delivery date March 2002. They are sold out untill then.

I will be looking for TT around 3000 to 5000hrs with a lot of jet time. We pay real good.

Sorry about getting off the orginal topic.

Skaz
3rd Aug 2000, 12:39
LAVDUMPER, con-pilot, thank you for the back-up there, the b*st*rd came from outta the sun guns blazing, good thing he's a lousy shot!
con-pilot , thanks for the advice, looks like the next step up is regionals/ commuter type operations and then into corporate when the time is right.
sorry to go of topic, alatus