PDA

View Full Version : Lost A level certificate

captain_rossco
11th May 2007, 19:56
I cannot find one of my A-level certificates, is this going to be a problem in any potential interviews?

Regards

Rossco

:ok:

davepearsall
11th May 2007, 22:57
I would imagine it would be at the discretion of the interviewer. Maybe check the exmainations board FAQ's or something similar to see if you can get a replacement?

Mohit_C
12th May 2007, 08:50
I don't know if this is possible but you could contact your examiner board and request if they could issue you another one. You may have to remember your candidate and centre number details from where you took the exam.

MrHorgy
12th May 2007, 10:56
Capt,

You should contact the school you sat your exams with. They will have the centre number and candidate number, and in some cases will have copies of your results so could send a certified letter. If not, contact the relevant exam boards and ask - although they will probably ask for your candidate number and centre number. Unfortunately you cannot get certificates, merely "Certifying Statements of Results". The popular boards are shown below:

Edexcel - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/83064/Application_form_for_Replacement_Certificate__Academic_award s_.pdf

AQA - http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-EXAMRECORDS.PDF

OCR - http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/forms/application_certifying_statement_results.pdf

If you can't remember which board you sat with, best ring them and ask what to do.

Horgy

davepearsall
12th May 2007, 10:57
^^

This could probably be done by contacting your college.

MikeAlphaTangoTango
12th May 2007, 11:50
What MrHorgy says is correct. I've just had to go through this charade during my application to CTC. What hasn't been mentioned so far is that there's a £30 per certificate charge. So if you took 3 A-levels with one board, it's £30. If you did 3 A-levels with 3 boards it's £90 :eek: And that's not even a proper certificate!

Mikehotel152
13th May 2007, 20:34
Blimey, I hope you don't need to collect together all your old certificates!

I've got a bunch of GCSEs, a few A-Levels, a Degee and Postgraduate Diplomas leading to my former career as a lawyer. Surely nobody's going to want me to bring any of that lot with me to my first interview!!??

Otherwise I've got a lot of searching to do!:{

Sensible
13th May 2007, 23:07
Checked with a few friends, none of them have ever been asked to actually show their certificates at an interview, certainly I have never been asked for mine. Small wonder that some people have been hired on the basis of qualifications which they never achieved!
Best bet is to run around finding certificates if asked for them. I don't think that you will be asked, in any event, whilst not wishing to devalue A level achievements, I really don't think that A level certificates are all that relevent or important in the scheme of things. An FATPL is more likely to be what an employer will focus upon and what you will be required to present.