PDA

View Full Version : Cannadair Flight Deck

Rusty Cessna
30th Oct 2000, 00:23
I just finished watching a program which follows flights from the flight deck of various aircraft. This sundays was the Cannadair BizJet flying from the States to Farnborough, I imagine something to do with Chauffiar.

May i tell you that you guys/gels who fly that beast have it made! I am seriously gonna try and get around one of those soon!

Happy flying
Rusty

LAVDUMPER
30th Oct 2000, 03:22
Rusty Cessna,

Sounds like an interesting programme. Did you watch a tape or was it a television programme? If it was a tape, do you know where I could buy it (details)?

Appreciate the info

Cheers!

Rusty Cessna
30th Oct 2000, 22:27
Lav,
Its a regular television program. If you like I will record that particular showing next time it is on for you and send it to you? Its about 25mins long.

Rusty

LAVDUMPER
31st Oct 2000, 03:51
Rusty,

That's very generous of you. I'll tell you what, notify us all on this website when you find it on the schedule and I will contact you from there - perhaps the actual show has a write-in address that I can use. My concern is that I am in the States and we use a different VCR tape on this side of the pond... Even if you did tape the show, I might not be able to play it.

The important thing would be to get the show's details and write-in information (maybe a website address for contacting them).

Appreciate your help Rusty and look forward to your announcement when it is showing again

Cheers!

SilentHandover
31st Oct 2000, 18:39
The program was called FlightDeck and featured on Discovery Wings last Tuesday and Sunday, the aircraft featured was N602CC, which was then operated by Bombardier themselves, the program was filmed in 1995. The aircraft had nothing to do with Chauffair at all but was just one of the many Biz Jets that use Farnborough, one of the fastest growing business aviaton airfields in Europe, this year alone biz-jet traffic is up about 20%, that is without the Farnborough Airshow that was held this year, which incidentally featured N604CC the latest Bombardier company demo aircraft, which incidentally starred in the Brosnan film The Thomas Crown Affair.

TrueNorth
31st Oct 2000, 20:06
Please excuse my ignorance, but why would Bombardier, a Canadian firm, register their company planes in the US?

bearcat88
1st Nov 2000, 19:32
Bombardier "N" registers its aircraft to support its customer demo flight department based in Windsor Locks. Essentially the only "C" registered aircraft they have are those on the production line or in its local corporate support fleet.

------------------

TrueNorth
1st Nov 2000, 21:05
Thanks bearcat!

Does that mean the customer demo pilots have to be FAA rather than TC licenced?

bearcat88
6th Nov 2000, 01:50
Most Bombardier pilots carry TC and FAA licences. Just one more ride per year.

TrueNorth
6th Nov 2000, 21:40
Thanks again for the info bearcat.

Actually, I`d like to ask you one more question if you don`t mind...

What sort of hiring minima do they have at Bombardier? I imagine they`re looking for pretty high-time people to do the stuff you do, but do they ever hire low time hopefuls?

(I`m having trouble accessing their web site)

[This message has been edited by TrueNorth (edited 06 November 2000).]

bearcat88
7th Nov 2000, 18:54
Bombardier usually looks for experienced pilots or at least those that offer unique and desirable qualifications. I don't know what your background is but there is never any harm in submitting a CV to the company (try the training department for starters). The worst they can do is say "No" and ideally tell you why. That way at least you'll have a better idea as to where you stand in the pecking order and can work towards improving or enhancing your quals. Good luck.

TrueNorth
8th Nov 2000, 17:29
Hello again bearcat88,

Thanks for the advice.

By the way, I was at YUL last night, and saw a BRAND new Lear 60 at the Skyservice. Looked to be a company plane (Bombardier logo, tail painted with Lear60 logo, N reg).

Felt a bit sad taxiing past in my C150!

Rusty Cessna
8th Nov 2000, 22:10
My Sky Digbox went down a few days ago and now I have it back, and went to tape Flight Deck for a fellow PPRuNe'er, I see the series has stopped, anyone know why and when its back on??

Cheers
Rusty