PDA

View Full Version : NJS Pilot finder fee

boocs
11th May 2007, 14:03
Could someone from NJS confirm that if they are able to sign up a pilot with NJS, they receive some form of finders fee?

b.

Capn Bloggs
11th May 2007, 14:10
Heard this from the refueller today. Apparently it's part of their salary package to make up for the pineapples oops pay cuts. The employees find 'em, the employees get paid. Not only pilots too! Saves the cost of BIG ads in the Oz on Fridays...

I've heard quite a few of the boys have already "spotted" a new GM HR candidate. His name is Reynolds, initial K. Apparently he's worker-friendly, which would be a change, from what I've heard... :ok:

Capt Claret
11th May 2007, 22:17
Problem is, the spotters fee has to be reduced by the cost of a jar or two of Vaseline to easy things for the spotee! :eek:

They's growin' big pineapples in ADL these days. :sad:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1070732280591_2003/12/10/11PINEAPPLE.jpg

RENURPP
11th May 2007, 22:22
Yes, they should move the CIA to Coffs and move the HR department if it would fit into "The BIG Pinapple". :mad:
I suspect the person that dreamt up this absurd idea is the same one who dreamt up "Future Bleakness"!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Anyway its not important, the books are full of suitable applicants for all positions. Aren't they??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hoss
11th May 2007, 22:48
Coffs is the banana:} .

I always thought this concept had been going on for a while, makes me wonder why they now have to dangle a carrot?

After nine years of applying to NJS I finally recieved an offer of interview about a month ago. After weighing it all up I declined, I'm better off in my current job unless they offer better conditions.

:)

RENURPP
11th May 2007, 23:05
WHY would any one in their right mind want apply for a new position in NJS.:eek:
The cabin crew make more $$$ than a B scal F/O. Morale is ****e:{ :{
Money up front, bond, crap pay, roster changes at the company will, 5 yrs contract and then what?:yuk:
Management firmly believe a 717 endorsment is a huge selling point.:ugh: :ugh:
The717 may be more modern but who operates the bloody things??:confused: :confused:
Honestly a 146 endorsement will make you more saleable down the track.:oh:

cunninglinguist
11th May 2007, 23:43
Stop it u guys, you're making me homesick :{ :{ :{

Checkerboard
12th May 2007, 00:34
Im with you Hoss. I had been applying to NJS for years and had no luck. Finally get an interview just after the B scale is announced and I decided to turn it down.

I hear alot of the new hires have been failing check to lines, could be an indication of the qualitly of candidates they are getting under their new pay scale??:confused:

Maybe instead of the finders fee they could offer applicants proper terms and conditions and it will not be so hard for them to "find" suitable applicants.

Whiskey Oscar Golf
12th May 2007, 00:43
One reason people may apply for NJS is they work next door. Conditions are better at NJS which is saying something.

RENURPP
12th May 2007, 00:50
WOG you are corect. I see that as a little short sighted how ever.

You pay for your endorsement, you are bonded, have at present max 5 yrs contract.
In a relatively short time Virgin, Tiger and Joke Star will be searching for pilots. The people that accepted the low pay, crap conditions will either have to fork out $30K to leave or live with NJS for 3 yrs(bonded period) when in all likely hood the other opportunities have dried up
What then?

I have no ill feelings towards them as I am not sure what I would do in similar circumstances.
Good luck, I hope it is the right decision for YOU.

MinimaNoContact
12th May 2007, 00:57
I hear alot of the new hires have been failing check to lines, could be an indication of the qualitly of candidates they are getting under their new pay scale??

The 146 has been a pain in the arse for newbies for years. A couple of pilots not getting recommended for a check isnt something uncommon for this type of aircraft... it has nothing to do with quality... at the moment anyway.

BAE146
12th May 2007, 01:36
I'm with you cunniliguist, makes you feel soooooo homesick.
I'll bet the Admiral thought this one up or was it Miffeee ?

I guess they don't realise that no one would recommend NJS to a mate if they were a real mate. You couldn't live with yourself and to take money as well!

UNTHINKABLE :E

Capt Claret
12th May 2007, 02:30
Where are you BAe146??? Miffee's been gone near a year now and I'd be surprised if he'd have ever come up with this sort of drivel.

Whiskey Oscar Golf
12th May 2007, 03:13
Mr Renurpp, sorry if I misrepresented in any way but I am not going to NJS. I have already worked for them and am well versed in the machinations of the CIA. I was making an observation from the information 2 blokes I know who have moved across gave me. The only thing I know is they didn't have to think too hard about their moves.

It does bring up an interesting point though. If conditions get worse across the board will there always be a pool of applicants? If a regional lowers conditions then will the employers in smaller outfits also lower conditions? Hence maintaining that upward movement, all the while getting people to pay for ratings. What would stop this decrease of conditions?

AerocatS2A
12th May 2007, 10:10
WOGboy, there is a very real pilot shortage looming. Your previous employer is about to reach crisis point I think, as there just aren't enough applicants to cover the current rate of attrition, let alone the requirement to increase numbers in the near future!

I'm not sure which "next door" you are referring to, but if it's the one I work for, and you used to, I see nothing attractive about NJS at the moment.

NJS used to be an airline I would've liked to work for, now, definitely not, in fact they are at the bottom of my list. 80% of current wages? A joke I say. And they are trying to introduce this at a time where it will not work long term.

While all the other cheapo airlines have been charging for endorsements and reaping the benefits, they are now being put under increasing pressure to improve conditions. Meanwhile NJS is still lowering them. It may work over the next few months to a year, but I think they have missed the bus. They will soon be in a position where they either have to improve conditions or fail to fullfill their contracts (all of them.)

What will raise conditions is airlines getting to the point where they must compete with each other for a finite pool of pilots. At some point it will not be good enough to offer better conditions than the regionals and flying schools, they will have to offer better conditions than other airlines.

Whiskey Oscar Golf
12th May 2007, 13:49
Pittsboy, the next door I was talking about was here at Perth domestic, they fly dash's and braz's and other stuff. The blokes I spoke to said the move was a lay down misere even with B scale and paying for ratings. They also said the current group of NJS pilots were working hard to change the B scale as they thought it wasn't fair either.

I think you should be careful when talking about lack of supply in global employment markets. What with 457 visa's about, that problem would be sorted by any number of people looking to move here. It will be skills that might halt it, but MBA's don't always think like us.

As to the shortage, I think you're on the money there and it will get increasingly harder to fill those mid to high end GA jobs. I know another bloke with some fast business jets who's having problems getting people to tool around internationally in them, good jobs too.

Say G'day to the missus and the bub.

AerocatS2A
12th May 2007, 22:48
Ah, but there has been a shortage of pilots overseas for longer than there has been here. I don't think overseas pilots will have any great effect on our market.

Goodluck to the NJS mob. If they can get the company to see the light then maybe I'll drop an application in (not that they care whether I specifically apply or not, but I presume there are plenty of others around like me.)

Willco re the girls.

Capt Claret
13th May 2007, 01:51
It's hard to tell whether management are in la-la land, or just trying to bluff their way through with an almost straight poker face.

Whereas in the past I have recommended the place to others, and been mostly happy in my employment of the last 12 years, and had been quite content to see my time out, if a suitable opportunity comes along, I'm gone. And I couldn't in all consciousness, recommend any friend or acquaintance join.

boocs
13th May 2007, 03:24
Even overseas Capt C?

Jenna Talia
13th May 2007, 04:36
Whiskey Oscar Golf,

Check your PMs.

JT

Capt Claret
13th May 2007, 11:06
boocs
if a suitable opportunity comes along
Nothing ruled in, nothing ruled out.

aviator's_anonymous
13th May 2007, 13:12
I beleive the "reward" for referring a friend, family, or anyone..etc.. extends out to most part of the business, and not only for referring pilots...

RENURPP
14th May 2007, 00:04
I can refer them a GMFO, CEO GMHR and MFT!:rolleyes:
Main problem is that the CEO candidate wants to finish year 11 so can't start for a few months.
The others are happy leaving immediately. Yr 9 should do fine.
where's my $4k

Toolman101
14th May 2007, 08:24
The sad part of this is the fact, that if NJS wasn't trying to drive down T & C's for the employees, they would not have to be bribing people into recommending a career with them:{

Test Eagle
15th May 2007, 07:06
Check your PM's please. :}

Thanks

RENURPP
16th May 2007, 00:26
And it goes on. Now offering $5K for Dash 8 captains and $2.5K for F/O's.:eek:

cunninglinguist
16th May 2007, 02:32
Renurrp, is that per week or per month :}

Anyone care to authenticate, or otherwise, reports of long standing 146 drivers being offered 717 command with no CPI and a bond in the region of 40K over 5 years :{
If even close to true, good luck to the CIA with keeping and obtaining drivers..........:mad: tossers

Capn Bloggs
16th May 2007, 07:05
Cunning, very close.

RENURPP
16th May 2007, 10:50
Cunning,
the $5K etc is for recommending a pilot who accepts the crap conditions and lasts at least to the probation period.:yuk:

You wouldn't recommend a friend or they wouldn't be for long!

Truth Seekers Int'nl
17th May 2007, 05:49
....just got a email from a mate who used to work for coast watch in darwin.the following is the deal for spotter's fees in njs.
• Good Money for Good People. Good people like you are hard to find!
• Know someone who’d be perfect for the Cobham (Australia) Group? You can help the Cobham Australia Group, a friend,and yourself by participating in the CFOSA Employment Referral Program.
• Recruiting the best people is critical to our success, and we’re always looking out for the best of the best.
• Do you know someone who can live our SPIRIT values - Safety, Performance, Innovation, Responsiveness, Integrity and Trust?
• At Cobham Australia, we have found that employee referrals are one of the most successful ways to attract top talent to our company.
• Soon it will be easier than ever to introduce your friends and professional peers to career opportunities at the Cobham Australia Group. You may also be eligable to earn a cash bonus for referring qualified candidates for employment.

....he reckons njs are getting real desperate for crews right across the board and this could be a last ditch effort before upping the t&cs.....fingers crossed for those guys...............future horizons could soon read past horizons!

Erin Brockovich
17th May 2007, 06:15
Hang in there lads. Don't refer anyone unless you want to lose friends.

The next move will be to lower the minimums (if their insurance policy/contract obligations will let them), and then dropping the salary sacrifice rubbish.

I suspect that an 'A++' pay scale should be around the corner. If Guys with >5700 command multi-crew time struggle with the 146 training then there won't be much use lowering the minimums.

Good Money for Good People. Good people like you are hard to find!good money for good people?? I'd hate to think what money bad people would get!

BAE146
19th May 2007, 01:53
Cobham should take note of the way this (http://www.netjetseurope.com/presscentre/english/press_releases/2006/244/2/) airline treats it's staff. I'll bet they don't pay spotter's fees !:ok:

Erin Brockovich
19th May 2007, 02:33
Well there you go, it can be done.

€95,000 Starting salary for Captains converts roughly to $230,000 AUD
The new Work/Life Crew Package is designed to recognise the contribution of NetJets Europe's employees and to position the company to continue to attract and retain the best pilots and flight attendants in the industry as the company carries on its rapid expansion.
My faith has been restored. The use of common sense in business practices in the industry does exist. What does this say about the character and intellect of all the grubs that run our companies in Aus.

Well done Netjets. :D

3 Holer
19th May 2007, 03:44
Actually, the conversion on the Euro is 1.64 not 2.5 (that would be the GBP) so the salary is AUD156,000.

However, I think the point here is that Netjets appear to value their staff by coming up with a package that delivers them a good lifestyle commensurate with remuneration.

As has been pointed out before on this forum, you can have a huge wage for working your asses off or a low wage for doing eff all, but you can't have a low wage and crappy conditions.

Erin Brockovich
19th May 2007, 04:12
Well I did say “converts roughly” :E

Sorry bout the oversight. I’m not really helping pprune’s image as a credible source ;)

Time to go do some google economics 101 :8

yowie
20th May 2007, 10:57
Good luck trying to get anyone in past mates in ADL. Have tried for years to get "good people" in but,go figure,to no avail! Desperate measures by very desperate managment:ugh:

redsnail
20th May 2007, 17:14
Yes, the new Netjets package isn't bad especially when you consider you (we) only work ~ half a year. 6 on 5 off with a max of 50 days/3 months, 200 days a year. From those 200 days subtract travel (shopping :E ) to the states for sim (x 2), ground recurrents in Lisbon (4 days) and 22 days plus wraparound days leave.

No pay for rating.
Paid full salary upon joining.
Paid full allowances upon joining.
Pension does need work but that's not unusual if you're used to the Aussie system.
Oldest aeroplanes is 5 years approx.
Fast promotion (subject to conditions)
Live pretty much where you want (within reason)
Opportunity to fly some very new aircraft, eg Falcon 7X etc.

However, no job's perfect but it's not a bad one.

easyJet aren't charging as many people for the 737/Airbus rating any more. Before it was every one without a 737 etc rating. Now, only those who have small turboprop time etc have to pay.
Pay for quite a few operators has gone up to try and keep their staff.

Jet_A_Knight
21st May 2007, 01:51
Reddo,

Any basings out of Switzerland (French part ie Lac Leman region)? Or is it usually a commute from those parts.

redsnail
21st May 2007, 10:33
Who for, Netjets or easyJet?

Netjets uses Geneva and Basel whereas I think you need to have rights to live/work in Switzerland for a base in Geneva for easyJet Switzerland. The other base is Basel in that area. There's two easyJets, the UK one covering the EU and the Swiss one for bases in Switzerland.

Jet_A_Knight
21st May 2007, 19:37
Reddo, Thanks, I was actually referring to NetJes, but I'm interested in both - somewhere down the line (so to speak).:ok:

Gordstar
21st May 2007, 19:56
Thanks BAE146 for sharing that with us all.
It just goes to show that another way of thinking still exists in aviation.
I hope that someone from ADL reads it and ponders on the posibilities.
Live in hope..........................................:hmm:

redsnail
21st May 2007, 21:00
Sorry about the thread creep.

Brussels Frankfurt Hamburg Cologne
Düsseldorf Munich Stuttgart Berlin
Helsinki Manchester Luton Gatwick
Heathrow Aberdeen Glasgow Edinburgh
Stansted Amsterdam Dublin Copenhagen
Oslo Warsaw Stockholm Barcelona
Madrid Malaga Bordeaux Toulouse
Lyon Marseille Nice Paris
Basel Budapest Milan Venice
Rome Prague Vienna Lisbon
Geneva Zurich

From the Netjets Europe (http://www.netjetseurope.com/eng/contact-us/5/) website. There should be some more fleet announcements very soon too. :E