View Full Version : Nigerian ops and 206 specs

206 jock
11th May 2007, 07:27
I'm getting rid of my Agusta Bell 206 A/B: though its times are great and I'm sure I've done EVERYTHING on it, it's spent the last few months grounded due to a very minor incompatibility with more modern parts that took forever to solve. Back in the air later today..woo hoo!

I'm going to replace it with a later Bell machine, probably importing from the USA (love the exchange rate). However, the 206 market in the States is red hot at the moment, so good ones at the right price are hard to come by.

I've found one that looks good but I think has spent a bit of its life in Nigeria. How can I tell for how long and what should I be wary of?

And what s/n onwards is latest spec? Ie, 91 gallon tank, later door lataches etc?

ericferret
11th May 2007, 10:58
Same old story really. Get a first class survey done by an engineer fully up to date on type. Worth every penny, particularly if there are any doubts about the aircrafts origin and history.

Goes double if the aircraft has operated in a tropical or harsh environment.

carholme
11th May 2007, 12:25
If you want to check the history of a particular s/n, call Bell Helicopter Flight Safety at 817 280 5368. They will give you any reported damage history and should be able to tell you if it had a Nigerian registration.

Regards

carholme

S92mech
11th May 2007, 12:53
The serial number break for the 91 gallon fuel cell, lower seats and new door latches is 3567.

Salusa
12th May 2007, 00:23
Check PM jock..