PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions for any Flexjet Europe pilots out there

Joe Ninety
15th Jul 2000, 02:09
If there's any Flexjet Europe pilots out there, could you tell me: am I right in believing that on top of the basic wage you are paid a £50 per diem? Any extra for getting back home after the end of your nominal 6 days on? And finally: is that expected to cover all downroute meal expenses or can you charge any to a company credit card?

Thanks in anticipation - I'm just trying to compare the European wages/package on offer from both FJ and NJ to see which is more financially viable. I've seen the fracstats site which is an interesting comparison for the US side of things, but if anyone can help with the specifics above I'd be very grateful.

Capt Ted Striker
15th Jul 2000, 11:02
Joe,
I don't know the answer to your question but I presume from your post you know the package for Netjets. Any chance you could post brief details?

Joe Ninety
16th Jul 2000, 01:24
Unfortunately no Ted, only the bare bones third hand as far as Netjets is concerned. Sorry, I guess I phrased that second paragraph badly. I will have an excellent idea of the NetJets package very soon (imminent interview) at which point I will post it in the Bizjets and GA forum. As yet however, although I am optimistic about getting an interview with Flexjets, I have had no word from them, just heard their basic salary on the grapevine. I was hoping to be able to have a few extra figures on FJ's package to keep in the back of my mind for comparison when NJ give us the word on their benefits package.

All I have heard of NJ's numbers so far is a basic salary for skippers of 70,000 European pieces of toilet paper a year, plus what's in the latest Flight advert as far as medical/dental/life insurance and this savings plan thing are concerned. Since they started with none of the latter I guess things are looking up, but I still think that basic wage, if it's true, is seriously on the low side.

Anyway as I say I'll post the full gory details when I get 'em.

Good luck.

Loc-out
18th Jul 2000, 15:20
I have a friend who works for Flexjet Europe. Moral is very low on the Lear fleet.

A lear 31a/60 Captain is paid £20,000 per year less than a Challenger Captain.

If a Lear 31a/60 Captain is indeed considered suitable for upgrade to the Challenger fleet, he/she will be expected to fly as a F/O for 12 months-300 hours on the Challenger before being considered for the left hand seat.

A Challenger F/O can upgrade to Captain on the Challenger within 12 months.

Bases are London, Frankfurt & Copenhagen. No exceptions.

I know which outfit I would join and it ain't FJ.

Joe Ninety
19th Jul 2000, 01:12
Thanks Loc-out, that sort of inside info is useful. Funny you should say that about upgrading to the Challenger - I was talking about this to a mate of mine after I posted my question and it turned out he'd been for a Flexjet interview. This boy's a hacked-off airline captain, 8000-plus hours, lots on jets and a fair amount of GA time (albeit a few years ago now). The Human Remains, sorry, Human Resources man at the interview said they couldn't consider him for a Challenger command yet and would want him to go in the right-hand seat of the thing for a year before upgrading him!! Huh? Naturally he asked them precisely who the gorblimey they thought they were talking to...

Funny old world, innit?

Kittty125
21st Jul 2000, 03:04
A friend of mine just got a job with FJ and what he said seems to match what you were told. He didn't mention anything about company chargecards though. However, you do get a 15min phone call each day to the other half. Hopefully you don't have to use it!!!
All in all it seemed to be a pretty good package, particularly as they offered him Lear 31 command with no captaincy time on multis at all.