PDA

View Full Version : This will create some stress

squawk6969
11th May 2007, 02:13
Check this out

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...sup/s7-h23.pdf

Bound to cause a few dummy spits. Especially those who have helicopters in the CBD region. Good chance to buzz off to the farm for a holiday I reckon!

SQ6969

OZBUSDRIVER
11th May 2007, 02:41
Just to help, that link not working.

Try this one-

ASIA PACIFIC ECONOMIC COOPERATION 2007
ECONOMIC LEADERS WEEK (APEC 2007 AELW)
AIRSPACE PROCEDURES (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/sup/s7-h23.pdf)

Islander Jock
11th May 2007, 15:16
After only a quick perusal I take it that this will restrict operations from Bankstown and Camden? So how do the flying schools and small charter operators get on for flights booked at short notice?
This is an absolute load of garbage :ugh:
Are they going to restrict large closed back vehicles from driving within 100m of hotels where dignitaries are staying? A truck load of ANFO is going to cause a damn site more carnage than something like Dick's B206 flying into the side of a hotel.
Correct me if I am wrong but has there been an instance, anywhere of a light aircraft being used in a terrorist attack.
DOTARS, Dept of Defence and anyone else with a finger in this are achieving one thing. Justifying their existence to a gulible public.

Aviation security has turned itself into a self licking icecream

international hog driver
11th May 2007, 15:59
Had a chat with one of my outlaws who is a “spook” for want of a better term.

Apparently the global publication of what the Tamil tigers were able to achieve with some second hand Czech bug smashers has got the boys in the shadows worried that another bunch of amateurs may attempt the same thing in a copy cat manner.

Most of my relo’s in Sydney are taking their holidays during the conference citing the acknowledgement that there will be road closures, public transport shutdowns and whatever else the ass coverers can think of.

Look at the gridlock that Cheney and the two Queens created, its going to be farcical for anyone trying to get about their daily business.

WOFTAM

They should have just held the whole thing in Canberra where the rest of Australia could not care less and the bureaucrats would be able to have their fleeting 5s of fame……..

Thankfully I will be on tour and out of the country.

Angle of Attack
11th May 2007, 18:16
Yeah and an AIP SUP is going to stop them lol, who cares what regulations the airspace is under, if you are gonna have a go you will, that's what is so stupid about this whole issue. The worthless security at terminals is a mirror image of these stupid rules. Why dont all the idiots have a conference in Woomera, the fools.

Crosshair
11th May 2007, 18:45
Since when is YSSY called "KSA" in official publications? Or any other publications, for that matter?

YesTAM
11th May 2007, 21:24
Angle of Attack:

Yeah and an AIP SUP is going to stop them lol, who cares what regulations the airspace is under, if you are gonna have a go you will, that's what is so stupid about this whole issue.

I recall the opening of the Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne, when there was a similar (and thankfully short) shutdown of airspace.

If you had tried to get off the ground from Moorabbin, you would have had to evade a very large police and security presence.

Assuming however that you did, it is debatable whether the Anzac Class Frigate anchored off Brighton would have got you or one of the F18's.

nomorecatering
12th May 2007, 09:56
Having just read the AIC, does this mean that all operations at Bankstown and Camden will have to be stopped for 2 whole weeks. it seems that it could send many marginal operators broke, not to mention the staff that are almost all casuals. How does the government expect them to survive for 2 weeks without an income.

Does the ban include flying training ops??

J430
12th May 2007, 10:44
Nomorcatering

As I read it it does not mean they are shut down, there are certain times when the zone is active, dont recal what times, may even be at night, anyway if you have a need to operate you must apply for a concession of sorts and then each sortie must be booked in advance.

There are two zones as it were around Bankstown and thru say 180 deg - 360 deg, you fly with permission, and east over the city and harbour.....NO GO. The line offshore makes Victor one seem a grey one!

I know some of you are going to have a party but I actually feel for the guy is Dick Smith or anyone else in the "battle zone", they will want they keys to your helo I reckon, let alone give you a permit to fly it:}

What a F^&%ing JOKE.

The only thing it does do is minimise the amount of targets. If a baddy wants to fly in they will (easier to drive a van) so with minimal targets on Radar any intruders are easier to spot. Of course any poor soul in his C152 out for a scenic who is oblivious to all this will be in for a surprise:{

Good excuse to take a holiday .......in QUEENSLAND, brilliant one day, perfect the next:E :E

J:ok:

PittsS2A
14th May 2007, 11:58
After reading the Sup earlier last week I just couldn't help mself and I decided to write to the Minister.

"Dear Mr Vaile,

I refer to the attached Aeronautical Information Publication Supplement regarding the Airspace procedures that will be enforced during the period 30 August 2007 to 10 September 2007.

Can you, or a representative of your government, advise what measures have been put in place to compensate regular users of the Airspace bounded by the 45 Nautical Mile radius Restricted Airspace that will be enforced during the period of 30 August to 10 September and, in particular, the periods described in the supplement at Para 3.4, should they be denied access to that particular airspace ?

Can you, or a representative of your government, advise what measures have been put in place to compensate businesses that operate scenic joy flights in the Airspace described as the High Density Airspace Control Zone (HIDACZ) should they be denied access to that particular airspace?

Perhaps $130 off our next Medical or ASIC renewal would be a good way of compensating those aviator’s in the Sydney Basin for the inconvenience.

Have you or your government put any thought into the inconvenience and monetary loss that you will inevitably cause businesses and regular users of the airspace around the Sydney Basin just so you can big note yourselves by hosting a forum of leaders that nobody living in Sydney could really give two hoots about ?

Obviously not Mr Vaile.

Why should mine or anybody else’s enjoyment of aviation or any other activity affected by this forum be curbed because of a perceived danger to those attending. If those attending the forum don’t feel safe enough to attend without affecting the lives of us who live here, then they should not come.

It is high time that you and your Government woke up and started thinking about the people you are supposed to represent. If hosting a forum of international leaders represents such a security risk that it affects the day to day life of the people of a city such as Sydney, then perhaps you and your government should have set up some marquees out in the Simpson Desert and held the forum out there where it wouldn’t endanger or inconvenience the lives of the people that you are supposed to be representing. Or, how about holding it in Port Macquarie just to see how your own constituents’ would react to their lives and businesses being put on hold for the week.
Add up all of this inconvenience, the way your government has run down aviation in general, your government’s industrial relations policies and it is going to be awfully hard to forgive and/or forget the next time I and many of my family and colleagues are at a polling booth. Liberal and National won’t be high on the preferential list I’m afraid, in fact, at the moment, you guys are running dead last."

and the response:-

"Thank you for your email to the Hon Mark Vaile MP, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Transport and Regional Services.
Your comments have been noted, however the Minister does not respond by email.If you would like a written response, please supply your full postal address.

Thank you.

Office of the Hon Mark Vaile MP
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister for Transport and Regional Services
Federal Member for Lyne "

I sent my details so that the Minister may reply via snail mail and I will post the results if I do ever receive a written reply. Not holding my breath though.

J430
14th May 2007, 21:09
You will probably get one.............in September:} :} :}