PDA

View Full Version : BBJ

StressFree
19th Oct 2000, 21:56
It seems this issue is worthy of keeping going after the previous thread was shut down. I'm off to Seattle in 3 weeks for a BBJ course, looking forward to the beast, not the 5.5 week course though!
Any hints welcome (not yours Nelly 1066,I know what you think already - bon appetit!,the scot was great!!!!!!!!)
I'm on a G IV at present, what are the similarities, if any?

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Cobra
20th Oct 2000, 06:03
Good luck with your course!

There are probably more dissimilarities than similarities. However, approach the course with an open(& clear) mind and you should breeze thru.
What, more Ford guys in Seattle? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

StressFree
20th Oct 2000, 12:04
Cobra,
Got it in one.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

fokkerjet
23rd Oct 2000, 05:43
What's the general feeling, MD87 vs BBJ? Or in your case, why not a B737-700 or a B717?

StressFree
23rd Oct 2000, 22:02
Fokkerjet,
Its no use asking us in the UK why we have the planes we have, we are told absolutely nothing!!!!! We are grateful though, the BBJ seems to be a fantastic machine. Are you at DTW? I passed through there a couple of weeks ago ferrying one of our MD-87's to OKC.
Regards to all.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

fokkerjet
24th Oct 2000, 15:39
StressFree,
I know what you mean. One minute we were getting Falcons, then Gulfstreams show up. In January we were told no BBJ's and February the first one passes through DTW enroute to you. Now were are sizing a new hangar that 3 737's and 5 G-V's will fit into, but no, we have no plans for BBJ's!

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
28th Oct 2000, 21:00
Hmm Get lost eh!!!!!!??

Well were still in the land of the living old fruit!

Did someone say somthing about running on the inertia of the last 25 Yrs!!?

How's LGB?

StressFree
29th Oct 2000, 00:15
Ballast,
Hows it going you old bellend? Been anywhere interesting lately? Any developments on the vehicle front?
I'm on this poxy refresher course in LA at the moment, be in touch when I get back.
All the best.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
29th Oct 2000, 16:15
Stress Free - No news I'm affraid.

I hope you're feeling suitably refreshed enough for some good SPORT!

See you next week

Cheers old fruit.

ojay
3rd Nov 2000, 19:59
Has anyone any idea who the BBJ operator is that was advertising in Flight for captains about a week ago?Thanks in advance for any info.

Whooaahh
4th Nov 2000, 19:48
The ad in Flight stated "Middle East company". As far as I am aware the only BBJ's in the ME are Dubai Air Wing and Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight.

Either way the financial benefits will be pretty good but the hours will suck "big time".

Amiri doesn't usually use a box number for it's ad's, so my money is on DAW.

Whooaahh!!!

ojay
4th Nov 2000, 20:11
Thanks whooaahh!

fokkerjet
4th Nov 2000, 21:17
StressFree,

How are your BBJ's configured? How many extra fuel tanks did you get and are you keeping them in for your normal operations? Do you know how many paxs you can take between the UK and the US? You know what the rumors are!

I'm suprised at the range a standard -700 has. I just flew on one from KORD to PANC, about 2800sm, about 75% full, and we were 7,000lbs below mgtow. Flightplan fuel burn was 34,000 lbs at M.80 and flying time was just short of 6 hours. Looking at the cockpit, it still looks like a "classic" with the exception of the EFIS, to bad! I'll really miss the Fokker's!!!!!

mutt
5th Nov 2000, 14:03
The last time that I discussed this in Seattle, I was told that there are at least 12 BBJ-1's heading towards the Middle East.

Mutt

StressFree
5th Nov 2000, 16:40
Fokkerjet,
I think that our BBJ's will have 120 seats, the extra tanks were fitted 'to protect the residual value of the aircraft' and will remain on board. We were told that the whole idea of a DTW route was scrapped and there will be no fleet changes (for all of us)for several years.
You know whats its like though, it could all change next week!!!!!!
Whats the latest with you?

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

fokkerjet
5th Nov 2000, 20:00
StressFree
The official word is no fleet changes for 12 months so we can get our act together with the aircraft we currently are operating. With 120 seats, and extra tanks, where is the luggage going?

Missed the MD-87's coming through. What an interesting career for those two, Midway, us, and now to transport prisoners. Did you make it to DTW with only one stop?

[This message has been edited by fokkerjet (edited 06 November 2000).]

StressFree
5th Nov 2000, 22:27
Fokkerjet,
With our current config and tanks we will be limited for baggage space. I'm surprised about the DTW shuttle news, we were told as well that it would save a lot of $ but that the whole plan was totally scrapped by Jac himself!!!! It will probably change next year knowing this firm!
Both planes are going on the VP-B reg. The MD-87's did have an interesting life and were really good aircraft for us. I took one to OKC but had to route through Keflavik then Goose Bay to DTW, we were sorry to see it go.
I'll send you a mail on your private address, this place is too public.
Best regards

------------------
'Keep the stress down'