PDA

View Full Version : Chartering VP- reg aircraft in Europe

AircraftOperations
10th May 2007, 20:41
My understanding was that N, P4 and VP reg'd aircraft could not fly commercially within the EU unless there are mitigating circumstances (such as no EU registered aircraft available to fly).

I have been made aware of a VP- reg'd aircraft operating for a medium sized operator in the EU and wondered if it had any restrictions over it's use?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? The search function provided no clues by the way.

Thanks in advance.

His dudeness
10th May 2007, 21:45
IŽd think its like you said: not allowed.
Although an former employer of mine, an AOC organisation in southwest germany, does not mind to use an certain VP-C aircraft with an over 65 year old captain for regular chartered flights whenever their aircraft are booked.
But as usually, if no one tips them off, they get away with it...

AircraftOperations
11th May 2007, 01:16
Ok.

The one I had in mind is also based in Germany, but more South-East in it's location.

It's a VP-B reg and the amount of advertising and availability emails they send out, I'd be very surprised that they were able to keep it quiet.

They must have found a little loophole or grey area to operate with???

themoonsaballoon
11th May 2007, 09:30
Advice previously posted on another thread;

'If you see or hear of this ctc the CAA @ LGW sharpish, also pass info to the BBGA www.bbga.aero for the UK & & EBAA www.ebaa.org for the rest of EUR.

They'll both take the case to the highest level, this has been a prob for very many years, the brokers have to answer for this as they are the folks doing the chartering.'
TMAB

merlinxx
11th May 2007, 17:11
Thanks for posting my words posted many weeks ago. Watch, listen be bloody nosey then report. How come you repeated my stuff? PM me SVP with the answer if you please. Cheers and keep the good work up.

falconfreak
17th May 2007, 04:46
Is it? How exciting.:E

merlinxx
17th May 2007, 18:50
You say witch hunt, just don't forget the lack of insurance, at all levels by such ops. Also if they're caught, they face a rather large penalty not just handed out by our authorities, but also the state of registry of acft and state of issuance of the crew licences. If you see it, REPORT IT.

falconfreak
18th May 2007, 02:41
Whilst the would be vigilante's are observing what others are doing I hope they consider the fact that many bizjets are operated privately some of the time, and utilized by genuine AOC holders at other times. I happen to crew both operations and would not be best pleased to be snitched on by some self appointed regulator of the business. Whilst I agree that the business is undermined by dodgy charters, please make sure your accusations are accurate. I could be seen in the same region on consecutive days with different pax, don't jump to conclusions just because I am wearing one of the aforementioned registrations.:=