PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Open Days - Cabin Crew

guillemd80
10th May 2007, 18:58
I would like somebody to give an advice about the OD. I´ve been in three ODs and I have not been chosen for the next round of interviews. I do not know what they look for when they are recruiting, I´ve been fliying for 9 years, I´m 29 years old and I do not know if I am to old for them or I have previous flying experience. I am going to attend to my fourth OD next may 26th and I would appreciate any good advice about it, How do I act in the group discussions, I dont want to be a leader but I am not going to be shy either.
looking forward of hearing from you soon!

REGARDS!

Vorsicht
10th May 2007, 19:43
I think you have answered your own question.

You are applying for a job which will see you as a long haul wide body captain in 3-6years and you state

I dont want to be a leader

I recommend you sit back and think about that, and what you percieve is the role of a captain of an aircraft that has 18 (or more) crew members.
Then put yourself in the recruiters position and imagine what he might be looking for.

As far as age goes i suspect you are more likely to be too young rather than too old.

Regards
V

guillemd80
11th May 2007, 00:57
Thanks for your reply, but I say I DO NOT WANT TO BE A LEADER because due to I have previous experience as a cabin crew I do not want them to think I already know the job or I am overqualified. I am applying for cabin crew not for flight deck crew. It seems they dont care about if we speak 3 languages and previous fliying experience, maybe is chemistry with the recruiter!

Good Night guys!

Wiley
11th May 2007, 04:13
guillemd80, you might get some more useful replies if you put your post on the Cabin Crew Forum. I think anyone reading your post on this forum would have assumed you were inquiring about a position as a pilot. I certainly did.

MASsenger
11th May 2007, 08:22
Yeah, I`m afraid we are not knowledgeable or experienced to give you advice on Cabin Crew issues. Would be more appropriate to post this at the cabin crew forum. Sorry mate & good luck on your OD.:ok:

guillemd80
11th May 2007, 13:07
thanks for your repplies, I already posted at the cabin crew forum.

Regards!