PDA

View Full Version : Chauffair - Any info?

LAVDUMPER
14th Oct 2000, 21:58
Hear that this Farnborough operator will be adding brand new Citation Excels to its growing fleet soon.

Anyone know much about Chauffair? I believe they also operate Hawker 800s and Lears. Appreciate info related to flying conditions, types of flying, pay, morale, growth expectations with new aircraft coming on line, etc.

Cheers

Bailed Out
15th Oct 2000, 18:46
Absolutely brilliant company, Good aeroplanes, great people and an apparently excellent guy at the top (and he's a pilot). Rumour has it he built Chauffair from nothing. If I remember it right 7 Excels on order but unloading a 125/700 and a LearJet.
www.chauffair.com (http://www.chauffair.com)

Bailed.

Jump Seat Rider
18th Oct 2000, 13:25
Who's in charge of Ops down there as I'm on the lookout for work - any ideas please ??
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Mzee
20th Oct 2000, 20:29
Like most outfits it has its moments but it is a good company - I should know I work for them. The largest privately owned charter co in UK, we are a TRTO for our sins and yes we are getting 7 Excels possibly 9 next year. Other a/c may or may not be coming to add to our collection of 2 Lear 35's (both going soon), 2x Hawker 800's, 1x 700, 2x Cit's (II and V). Check out our Website. A press release at the NBAA bash by Flight Options in the US last week is worth a read: flight-options.com /media/press release, makes interesting reading, also an article in Flight - last week's? should put Netjets nose out of joint. Nearly forgot - Keith Holden is our Ops manager.

[This message has been edited by Mzee (edited 20 October 2000).]

loaded1
25th Oct 2000, 19:32
Glad to hear Chauffair are a good lot. I am with a "major airline" and am growing to loathe the impersonal nature of it, and other perennial IR issues. Funny pictures on the tails should be a clue as to who!

Could you email [email protected] with any info i.e are you looking for P2 or P1's + requirements sought, and what sort of life you lead.

Thanks in advance.

Bright-Ling
31st Oct 2000, 01:35
From the perspective of the ivory tower they are a very professional bunch.

There was an article on the founder (Nick xxxx?) in one of the Sunday papers about 8 months ago.

Basically, he started off as a pilots assistant, got rated on a King-Air, and managed to get use of one. Then, he got is way into Heathrow, taking execs who missed the last flight home up North etc to start his business. The rest is history!!!

What definitely helps as stated above is that he is a pilot so understands the needs of his staff.

Cannot praise them enough!!!!!

Rusty Cessna
31st Oct 2000, 02:07
Nick Probett is his name.