PDA

View Full Version : Who is a moderator

cornish-stormrider
10th May 2007, 13:24
Who is the moderator for this forum??

I must be REALLY thick (i am cornish) but I can't for the life of me find out how to contact them.........

I just wanted to ask them if they could make the Military deaths petition thread a sticky please??

airborne_artist
10th May 2007, 13:28
Amazingly we are normally trusted to get on without one. Scroggs looks in from time to time, as do others, but we are quite a grown up group (compared to some others) so they tend not to have much to do here.

PM Scroggs by going to your UserCP at the top LH of the screen.

scroggs
10th May 2007, 13:44
While I do look in from time to time, I don't generally get involved in the politics of what should be a sticky and what shouldn't. However, I'll make sure that 'the man who does' gets to know of the request. I should say, however, that Mil Aircrew is in danger of disappearing under the weight of sticky threads as it is!

Scroggs

airborne_artist
10th May 2007, 13:55
Mil Aircrew is in danger of disappearing under the weight of sticky threads

Sign of the times I'm afraid. Tell Tone, sorry Gordon..

PPRuNe Towers
10th May 2007, 22:11
Quite enough stickies at the moment thanks - too many actually.

Rob

Two's in
10th May 2007, 22:43
Could we not have a stickie highlighting the detrimental effect that too many stickies have on a dynamic and fast moving forum such as this?

West Coast
11th May 2007, 06:02
Then the results can be forwarded to a clean sheet committee who will then....

Pontius Navigator
11th May 2007, 06:50
adopt a blue skies approach out . . .

c-bert
11th May 2007, 07:03
...side the box before...

cornish-stormrider
11th May 2007, 07:06
Sorry but I just felt that a petition calling for better treatment of our fallen brothers and sisters was more appropriate and deserving of a sticky than some of the other threads that get a high number of replies anyway, thus keeping them current.

Have YOU signed Tappers Dad's Petition???

Whirlygig
11th May 2007, 07:09
....kicking it around and seeing where it lands ....

It has been noted on other forums that "stickies" don't always have the desired effect and that people tend to ignore them.

Best way to keep something current, is to post on it!!

Cheers

Whirls

ARINC
11th May 2007, 07:44
A must for briefings...please don't shout, "house", to loudly though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2005/01/27/voices_buzzword_bingo_feature.shtml

cornish-stormrider
11th May 2007, 09:01
Played it once, took a trip to Sengo's office for a chat. He didn't give me coffee and biscuits. The FS was much more understanding, he gave me lots of coffee and biscuits..........A month on teas and keys.

Oh how we laughed...

Happy days

Maple 01
11th May 2007, 12:10
Has anyone levered their synergies in a mutual win-win situation today?

c-bert
11th May 2007, 12:13
I think you'll find that one, "leverages" one's synergies. Thankfully I have been spared this act today, prefering instead to think outside my box and align my ducks. :hmm: :ugh:

talk_shy_tall_knight
11th May 2007, 12:24
My work so far today has been 'effects based' as certainly will be my visit to the pub when I knock off :}

cornish-stormrider
11th May 2007, 12:35
HOUSE
I think I have won

c-bert
11th May 2007, 12:38
Congratulations. Enjoy your prize of a slightly stale buffet lunch and a 4 hour meeting that achieves exactly half the square root of bugger all.
Bitter? Moi?

Wader2
11th May 2007, 13:00
Driving to a meeting I heard a professor of meetings at Lancaster University who said, amongst other things, that the attention span at a meeting drops rapidly at 23 minutes.

When I woke up with a start at 1123, exactly 23 minutes into the meeting, I could not believe that someone was talking about bed blocks. I dozed off again.

Jackonicko
11th May 2007, 13:22
There are three stickies - one of which will become irrelevant after 30 June.

Perhaps after then....?

Maple 01
11th May 2007, 18:18
I see where you're coming from Jacko, could I ask you to park that thought?

I think you'll find that one, "leverages" one's synergies

true, one does, but I fancied a little correctitude in the grammatical arena, but missed the main chance and failed to hit the back of the net

BTW am I the only one that thinks the tag line "Hondamentalism" is unintentionally funny?