PDA

View Full Version : A320 type rating

Shouldhe
10th May 2007, 12:45
Hi,

I have conducted a pprune and google search, but can't find a link to the company (altheon?) that conducts the A320 type ratings in BNE. Can anyone out there help?

I'm looking for all the details, price, length of course etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

WA-CEET
10th May 2007, 13:55
address is http://www.alteontraining.com/

Condition lever
10th May 2007, 21:56
If yu have any choice in the matter, consider carefully where you are doing your A320 course.

Have a look at Air NZ

Shouldhe
10th May 2007, 22:28
Thanks for the info. NZ isn't really an option as accommodation will cost too much. I can stay with relo's in BNE.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thumbs up
11th May 2007, 00:20
Word is the ANZ endorsement is a lot better than the Alteon one and more aligned to where your headed.
You'll find the exchange rate will help you out as well.
I've heard even with accommadation the overall price is similar.Suggest you check it out.
Oh,and the sheep are a lot more friendly to!!.
:ok: :ok:

excellr8
11th May 2007, 00:44
Yep Alteon are very focused on your back pocket rather than the training. They realise they have a captive market, although recently people have been making the trek accross the ditch to find a very good level of service. Also with the exchange rate being so good there are a multitude of providers in the US, even after Airfares and accom (food is cheap) you would still be better going over. The training is varied but ask around and you will know quickly which are the good ones and the bad ones.
I hope Alteon get the message to up their game and lower their price there is better training out there at the moment.

Give CASA a bell and ask what they expect from you and the provider to get your rating out on your Aussie licence.

Shouldhe
11th May 2007, 07:30
Better looking sheep is a big draw card!!
Does anyone have the link for the mob (not the sheep!) that does the NZ type rating? I assume it is not alteon as there is no NZ link on their site.
Thanks very much.

EDIT: Maybe I should read the previous posts a little closer!! Air NZ - roger that.:\

amos2
11th May 2007, 09:45
Ermm!...reference to sheep and rogering in the same post!...

is this wise? := :=

Lowkoon
11th May 2007, 10:33
Try Dragonair, get a free endorsement, get paid while you are doing it too! :)

Going Boeing
11th May 2007, 10:56
Yeah, go to an airline which pays for the endorsement - we are now in a position where we have choice so if enough guys stick together and take a long term view on their careers then we can eliminate this scourge from our profession. :ugh:

cunninglinguist
11th May 2007, 23:59
agree with all the above 100% except that I believe the NZ endo is only around 2.5K less, if you are getting free accom in BN, even if you got accom in NZ for 50 a night it will work out dearer.
But yes, Alteon is :mad:

Counter-rotation
12th May 2007, 02:00
What they said :ok:
CR