PDA

View Full Version : netjets/flexjets wich one to choose

frogyfly
1st Jul 2000, 15:15
I have a job offer from both any one can give the pros and cons from both.
thanks
frogy

Scandi
1st Jul 2000, 22:04
Hi Frogfly!

Sorry but I don't know anymore about the companies than what's on the webpages that you've probably seen already.
I would be really grateful though if you could give me any information regarding the interview process at either one.
I have interviews coming up later this summer
and would like to know what to expect.

Cheers & best of luck to whatever you choose!

frogyfly
3rd Jul 2000, 13:41
scandi,
the flex interview is just a chat .no sim ,no tech questions at all they just want to know who you are and if you will fit inside the company.if you get on well with others and you are a team player.
for the nets one also informal chat with couple of questions about a jepp approch plate sim ride quite relax with sid ,old and full pocededure ils.and at the end psycho test but nothing to worry about .
good luck ,and if you need any details e-mail.me

gregory gomez
3rd Jul 2000, 18:21
what a/c are the two offering? what is the pay, schedule, base choice etc...?

EL Stevo
3rd Jul 2000, 19:00
Yo,

Netjets is a great company I think. Beside my pilot job I'm a handling agent at the Rotterdam jet Center. Overthere I hear good things about Netjets, just like pay, duty hours etc etc.

See ya,

Steef

Hungry Pilot
4th Jul 2000, 01:24
My twopenneth worth:

I have two mates flying corporate in Europe; one working for FlexJet and the other for NetJets. I have myself done an interview with FlexJet. So I’d like to think that my info is accurate.

As some of the other PPRuNers have mentioned in this thread, NetJets IS a top notch company. Owned by one of the wealthiest men in America (Warren Buffet), Nets has the financial backing and respect to make it a highly successful and rewarding company to work for. They also have a far more varied fleet than Flex, thereby making it an outfit that you will more than likely decide to stay with long-term. I believe they even have BBJ’s on order that they will be flying to all the corners of the earth. A wide variety of kit will make your career far more exciting I think.

FlexJet also are a good company. But they are of course a new start up fractional here in Europe, so it’s future is yet undecided and you never know what teething problems have yet to arise. You’ll have a lot of fun flying there as well, but I would say your future will be far more secure and interesting with Nets. Flex are also tied down with Bombardier, as I’m sure you already know, and therefore the variety of aircraft you will be flying will be limited. The CRJ would be fun, but if you offered me a seat in the pointy end of a BBJ I’d bite your arm off!

If I had the choice, I’m sure you can see which mob I’d sign on with!

Best of Luck.

Scandi
4th Jul 2000, 19:29
Muchas gracias Frogfly & Hungry pilot !

Your info was really appriciated...

***Cheers***

pinky
5th Jul 2000, 11:25
Scandi, congrat's on the offers, nice position to be in. Can I ask a really boring question.. What hours, experience etc. did you have to get the interview? P.S. I have a friend who works for Net's and loves it, great hours, great aircraft and it seems a good bunch of people to work with..