PDA

View Full Version : Looking for operators in Bermuda

Sheep Guts
13th Oct 2000, 03:16
Gday
Does anyone know any corporate companies in Bermuda,and requirements? Is it true that a FAA ATP is useable in Bermuda? Just sniffing around, new to this stuff.

Regards Sheep

Dragshoot
13th Oct 2000, 22:09
Wot, no jobs in oz mate???

You will find many corporate aircraft registered in Bermuda but most have never even been within 1,000 miles of the place.Last time there I saw no Bermudan reg iron.
Bermuda (and Caymans) is just a flag of convenience as it accepts both CAA and FAA licences amongst other things.

Sheep Guts
14th Oct 2000, 03:36
Thanks for the info Dragshoot? Yeah I am just researching , looks like I am barking up the wrong tree. There are some jobs in Aus but I am currently in Mexico flying Kingairs, trying to mke the next jump!Since I was in the neighborhood I thought Id look around.
Have one more question. Of those jets with Bermudan rego are they mostly US or EUROPEAN
based companies?

BGA
14th Oct 2000, 14:26
For a complete listing of VP-B a/c (bit old but still a good guide), check out www.pilotpointer.com (http://www.pilotpointer.com) follow link at bottom of page.

While on the subject, why did the prefix change from VR->VP ?

[This message has been edited by BGA (edited 14 October 2000).]

Sheep Guts
16th Oct 2000, 00:47
Thanks BGA. I will check this site out. As for the question on the VP TO VR thingy,I am unsure.By the way do you know if the new JAA atp has an ICAO conversion exam yet or do you still have to do the whole box and dice?

BGA
16th Oct 2000, 23:51
Far as I know, unless you have a respectable amount of 'heavy iron' PIC time, you'll be sitting all the exams to get that JAA licence. After all, European air is harder to fly in.

BGA

Sheep Guts
18th Oct 2000, 00:05
Yes BGA I think Euro air is probably thicker!Only joking, thanks for the info so possibly an operator that has VP or VR registered aircraft may have to be the go. Got any leads?

------------------
Props are for boats! Unless its a Kingair!

[This message has been edited by Sheep Guts (edited 17 October 2000).]

BGA
18th Oct 2000, 23:43
Sorry, can't offer any direct leads, but if you have 1000TT+, and some turbine time in there too, try the bizjet agencies that often advertise in publications like Flight Int'.

Good luck

BGA

Rusty Cessna
23rd Oct 2000, 14:46
Sheep Guts,
Its not quite Bermuda but...

The owner of TIA (operates twin comms and islanders out of Barbados)is about to start work at Grantley Adams building a new BizJet terminal, and a variety of companies have apparently expressed interest. Its a baby egg at the moment but if you keep your eye out its a lovely place and there are quite a few Gulfstreams about!

Good luck,
Rusty

Sheep Guts
24th Oct 2000, 01:06
Thanks Rusty!
I am flying Kingairs in Mexico at the moment. I will probably be here for a while, I will definetly listen out!It does sound interesting.