PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Career and Interview questions

axeman1011
9th May 2007, 17:27
Looking for information regarding the Cathay preliminary interview as well as some general career and lifestyle info from anyone who has first hand experience. I received a call more than a year after intially applying and am debating whether I should attempt the interview considering the financial burden of getting to SFO and finding a hotel and transportation all falls on me. Do they provide for you should you get called back for the second and third interviews?
On another topic : I currently work at Netjets where I have a great schedule of 7 and 7 with plenty of vacation to boot. Does Cathay provide a decent amount of time off? Another question is: how stringent are they regarding uncorrected vision for the medical? I have a current FAA first class but my uncorrected vision falls outside of the old 3.5 diopters ICAO standard. Appreciate any info that might answer this deluge of questions.....

Gravox
9th May 2007, 21:07
For the 2nd interview you (and wife) are flown to Hong Kong and given a room in Cathay's own hotel. You also recieve an allowance which is sufficient for your meals and a couple of beers each night.

I would imagine you'l be applying for DEFO US Base. I have no idea regarding their T&Cs. I'm reading the contract at the moment and it stats, (HK Base) as a SO you are entiled to 21 days annual leave. JFO 28 days, FO & CAPT 42 days.

7 on 7 off sounds pretty good to me, but I suppose it is about the whole package.

No idea about the medical side of things give Monica a call or send her an email, they should set you straight.

axeman1011
11th May 2007, 17:04
Thanks for that info Gravox,
Well I will shooting for an interview to fulfill my curiosity and see where things may lead. I would be suprised if they flew me all the way to Hong Kong for a second interview considering I would be assigned DEFO on the freighter fleet but okay, sounds like it would be interesting.
By the way, who is Monica? Is she the in-house medical examiner. Excuse my ignorance, but my knowledge of CX is very limited at this point. I'll have to work on that.......

Rainbird
12th May 2007, 04:48
I think everyone goes to HKG for the 2nd interview.. medical, sim, hr/tech again, math, psych/personality, group exercise, cocktail party.. a fairly full 2 days.. and they don't bring the wives out for DEFO that I am aware of...
2nd interview you get a ticket to Hong Kong and back from a Cathay(pax)city of your choice in your country, hotel in Hong Kong and a spending allowance when you arrive at the hotel.

Apollo24
12th May 2007, 15:56
Just use your Hilton HH points for the hotel and airline points for the flight. No problem unless you are a new hire at Netjets.

axeman1011
12th May 2007, 20:35
Well it's a shame the wife won't be able to come if I even make it to the second round. Unfortunately, burned most of my airline miles on a ticket to Europe for vacation and my hilton points on my wedding in Hawaii. Busy year.........

hambim336
2nd Aug 2011, 08:02
Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Second interview questions (http://interviewquestionsandanswers.biz/second-interview-questions/)

Best regards.

SloppyJoe
2nd Aug 2011, 08:45
This is too funny. Yeah use the search function and you too may dig up posts over 4 years old and post advice to people on an issue that no longer exists.

:rolleyes:

Jim-J
31st Aug 2011, 20:01
That's what you call 'a little behind the drag curve'...... Delayed reaction there!

johnterry807
15th Sep 2011, 13:48
Hi,
I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

aile_striker
14th Oct 2011, 09:39
Does anyone know for Stage 2 Mental Mathematics test, it says you cannot use a calculator, but they allow you to use pen and paper?

PCLCREW
17th Oct 2011, 23:21
ha ha ha nope not when your asking questions like this

"Does anyone know for Stage 2 Mental Mathematics test, it says you cannot use a calculator, but they allow you to use pen and paper?"