PDA

View Full Version : Corporate jet job

Super Ted
25th Jan 2000, 17:58
I am a student at Oxford Air Training School and will be finishing the course in 4 months. I will come out with a Frozen ATPL,MCC. I am looking to get into the biz jet side of aviation and i am confused about how much experience you need to get noticed by some of the companies. I understand I will require a type rating of some sort but which one?
Can anyone in this side of aviation help me?

bizjet pilot
25th Jan 2000, 19:37
Don't assume you need a type rating to act a a copilot. It may be a requirement, it may not. Also don't worry about inexperience. I do think you ought to instruct for 500 hours or so. It can be done on a part time basis while you're a part time copilot, surely. And being solo in thick cloud will do a lot for your confidence. If you get really comfortable flying airways and approaches at 1.5 nm per minute, it's a small adjustment to got to 3 nm per minute on an approach, which is about all you do in a jet below, say, 3,000 AGL.

Lime Rock
25th Jan 2000, 20:03
As usual- it's not what you know, it's who you know. Start making contacts with oufits close by. Be seen, but don't be pushy.

:)
LR

expedite
27th Jan 2000, 21:00
A significant proportion of corporate aircraft operating in the UK are N-reg, so an FAA CPL/IR could be helpful. You don't necessarily need a type rating as the FAR's don't always require it (depends on the nature of the operation). I thinks it unlikely that an operator would consider you with minimum 509 hours, so a period of instructing might be a good move. You never know want contacts you may make on the way.