PDA

View Full Version : Executive jet jobs in Middle East or Scotland?

timj10
29th Jun 2000, 06:47
Does anyone know of any good exec jet jobs i
n the Middle East (not Saudi) or Scotland?
I am an experienced jet captain in my late 40s(12,500 hrs./6,500 jet command) who is looking for a change of scenery,away from the routine of airline flying.Recent comments on this thread suggest that exec jet flying could be very enjoyable and could revitalise my love of flying.I know that Netjets and Flexjets are recruiting but who else is there? I have previously worked in the Gulf and would regard the UAE/Bahrain/Oman as ideal or else back home to Scotland.Any comments/suggestions are welcome.Thanks.

V1 Rotate
29th Jun 2000, 20:34
What are you rated on??
V1 Rotate

timj10
30th Jun 2000, 03:28
Unfortunately no execjet ratings but plenty of time on Airbus330/320.I imagine that the better executive flying jobs require ratings on the appropriate type however is there a ready supply of rated pilots or is the execjet world becoming like the airlines where rated pilots are often harder to find?
Thanks for replying to my first post.
Regards,Timj10

V1 Rotate
30th Jun 2000, 08:21
We operate HS125s in South Africa. You do need a type rating.
There is a steady supply of Pilots, however to find good, reliable people that we can use on our VIP work narrows it down a bit. Whether it is feast or famine there is always work for good polers.
Our kind of work is the best type of flying as we fly top people to top destinations. All of our clients are regular flyers and are very easy to handle. We fly heads of state, polititians and company executives. We are always treated like management ourselves and stay in the best hotels.
The Hawker is a wonderful aeroplane to fly.
V1 Rotate

LAVDUMPER
30th Jun 2000, 18:19
Timj10,

Given your significant experience on EFIS-equipped Airbus aircraft, I would expect your experience would be valued considerably in the corporate market.

I know that a corporate Airbus operator (ACJ - an A319) called Twinjet (not sure about actual corporate name) operates out of Luton. I also believe Harrod's flight department will also be adding an ACJ soon.

Otherwise, I would consider NetJets (or ExecJet) and Flexjet. Most of their aircraft are EFIS equipped, and your glass time would be considered very valuable. By the way, Netjets has opened a growing Gulfstream operation (GIVs and GVs - nice!) out of Saudi Arabia - I believe Dahran (spelling?). Netjets will probably add Boeing Business Jets to the operation in the future.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress...

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!

Skybiter
30th Jun 2000, 22:08
V1 Rotate

Any way I can contact your organisation with a view to joining? Any info and advice much appreciated.

Dragshoot
30th Jun 2000, 23:46
If you really do fancy Scotland !!! then the ONLY option would be CORPORATE JETS at Prestwick They are operating Lear 31/60's but I believe they want a US ATP with type rating.

mutt
1st Jul 2000, 02:22
By all accounts the National Air Service (Netjets) pilot contract is bl00dy excellent. They are adding 3 BBJ's to their fleet in the near future. Presently they have 4 GIV's in service. The base is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Mutt

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 30 June 2000).]

oops
6th Jul 2000, 00:48
Scottish and Newcastle have a Citation (?) based at EDI.