View Full Version : Auswest?

trojanhorse
9th May 2007, 09:06
Info needed!
I'm hunting for some multi-hours. Heard through the grapevine that there is a charter company starting out of minesite in the Pilbara I think it's called Cloudbreak (sp)? Also heard they used to operate out of Barimunya as Auswest Airlines? Checked out their employment criteria which looks carbon copy of Qantas. www.auswestairlines.com.au. Since when do you need Calculus and Physics to fly old twins. Need some more info cos I also heard that it in the past it was two-bit operation.
Any info greatly appreciated. :ok:

Over and gout
10th May 2007, 05:54
I thought Auswest stopped operations ages ago?

2p!ssed2drive
10th May 2007, 06:36
boss was a crooked as a hill-billy smile

- this guy re-opened operations again.

Pilots have gotten good twin hours there and moved on to bigger/better.

Don't expect an easy ride with old J though :hmm:

piston broke again
10th May 2007, 09:48
Both Karratha operators are good to get your twin hours up if you want to move on to regionals or bigger. As for the hours requirement they state, I don't think its set in stone. The mining companies can get exemptions on a case by case basis. You would need to be in the ball park though.

swh
11th May 2007, 01:19
At one stage they were reported to be paying well
"CONFIRMED:
The pilots are now going to get 80k a year plus allowances. Theres going to be two crew and even second pilot will be on over 60k. Being bank rolled by the mining company."
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185337&page=2
Was this the case then or now ?

Troopy
11th May 2007, 22:40
"Trojanhorse" hey.
Something tells me you know more my friend. Have you been bagookifide:E

BrazDriver
12th May 2007, 08:45
I think it was a Durian!

topend3
12th May 2007, 10:41
auswest are indeed back in business and presently operating doing transfers from the cloud break strip to newman mainly transfers to the rpt jet, as well as on standby for medivac and other charters. this is all done on behalf of fortescue metals group (FMG). the new jet strip (2000m and lit) at cloud break will be opening soon i believe and XR have the work to go in there with F100.