PDA

View Full Version : Netjets roadshow

aviatn
9th May 2007, 08:58
Can anyone supply me with info in regard to their roadshow in germany. I've heard that they are going to be in Frankfurt, Munich and Duesseldorf.
Info about where and when exactly would be much appreciated.
Thanks

potatowings
10th May 2007, 11:54
And also any info of if they are doing one in the UK soon would also be appreciated?

aviatn
10th May 2007, 23:59
Are these dates and locations acurate? Is it also correct that Netjets is not going to be in Frankfurt??

Muenchen:

18.06. 1700 - 2000

und

19.06. 1000 - 1300

im Kempinski Airport Hotel.

Duesseldorf:

20.06. 1700 - 2000

und

21.06. 1000 - 1300

im Hilton Duesseldorf Hotel ( Georg-Glock-Str. 20, 5 Minuten vom Airport)

sirvival
11th May 2007, 14:50
What can one expect from such a roadshow? Never been on one. Do you need an invitation/registration ?

slowmoving
12th May 2007, 16:43
Will it be a career-roadshow or a show for acquiring new owners ?
Couldn't find a word about it anywhere. :sad:

aviatn
13th May 2007, 07:37
a roadshow, as it is called introduces a company to pilots in the hope to recruite some of them. The company is usually described in a very positive light. Ryanair does that in many places in Europe, among many other companies.

5green
1st Jun 2007, 14:09
Are these dates and locations acurate? Is it also correct that Netjets is not going to be in Frankfurt??
In the latest "aerokurier" (June2007), Netjets has placed an ad
which confirmes the dates, startingtimes and hotels posted above.
Only Munich and Dusseldorf, no Frankfurt in the advertisement.

PigBoy
2nd Jun 2007, 19:59
Anybody have any info on roadshows in the UK?

hawkerpilot
4th Jun 2007, 21:14
The roadshows are currently being used to recruit pilots for the beech 1900. If you are interested to to that, you should visit them

good luck!

EatMyShorts!
4th Jun 2007, 22:50
Hawkerpilot, sorry, but this is bull**it! Of course these roadshows are intended to recruit flight crew for all fleets! Man, what a Kindergarden!

metroman.nl
5th Jun 2007, 14:54
Normally not the one to write am more of a reader ;)

But from internal mail, with request to communicate. :ok:

NetJets Pilot Recruitment Open Days.

The purpose is to give interested pilots a chance to learn more about NetJets Europe first hand. There will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a chance to talk to local NetJets pilots and an HR representative.

Pilots are also encouraged to bring their CV’s.

Open Day schedule for June.

Munich:

Monday, 18th of June, 1700 local

Tuesday, 19th of June, 1000 local

Kempinski Hotel Airport München
Terminalstrasse Mitte 20
85356 München, Germany

www.kempinski-airport.de

Düsseldorf:

Wednesday, 20th of June, 1700 local

Thursday, 21st of June, 1000 local.

Hilton Düsseldorf

Georg-Glock-Straße 20
40474 Düsseldorf
Deutschland

www.hilton.de/duesseldorf

Sessions run approximately 3 hours.

Further Open Days throughout Europe starting in September.
Dates and places yet unknown to me.

greetz,

bizantin
5th Jun 2007, 15:47
BY the way guys, don't forget to ask what the NET salary will be? and how works the vacations unless you are desperate to find a job. if you are scandinavian, just save the ticket!

270/55G75
5th Jun 2007, 16:39
6350 E net/month
1200 E flight pay

and some extra's

hmm... really bad for 16 days work.

270/55G75
5th Jun 2007, 16:42
by the way thats after regular taxes and social security

Smeagel
5th Jun 2007, 17:00
by the way thats after regular taxes and social security
Aaaah, but in which country?

Things work out a little differently if you are based further north, no?

As Bizantin said, be sure to ask probing questions about vacation and seniority. Then check back here;)

Joe le Taxi
5th Jun 2007, 17:25
Anyone care to divulge which are the better countries to be based in, taxwise?

Highwaves
5th Jun 2007, 17:43
6350+ 1200 Euro's per month : Not true !!!!!!!
Correct amount is the following for a first year captain : 95000 - 30.2 % tax and NHI / 12 = 5525.83 Euro's
Per diem 200 working days - 22 leave days = 178 x 70 = 12460 / 12 = 1038.33
Total per month 5525.83+1038.33= 6564.16
Is this an OK salary? Look arround and decide for yourself.....
If you do'nt like it stay where you are......
This is the correct amount for a captain living in a country that has a bilateral agreement with Portugal and UK.
The only countries not having such an agreement in Europe are Spain,Denmark and Sweden.
Also valid for an FO but the base is 56000 and the tax and NHI are 33.2 %
All the rest you have seen and being reading on this forum are lies.
So guys please stop B...S... about things you do'nt know.
Is NJE ok? yes
Are there better companies? yes
Are there worse companies? yes,a whole lot more than there are better companies.
Have a nice evening and keep on riding the waves

270/55G75
5th Jun 2007, 17:59
highwaves : maybe not true for you amigo !!!! don't bs me

metroman.nl
5th Jun 2007, 19:16
PPJN Fact file NJE (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=s37af5kkt7wwbrenn4vkpephbh1mt7j6yh738ecpay9b bhmp76w)
Pay info is pretty accurate.
as is above info for year 1 new, vs yr 3 cpt old contract in B?
greetz and keep the peace... :p

Yes tax is dependent on your country. country specific is well, to say the least a swamp. Welcome to a united europe.

Joe le Taxi
5th Jun 2007, 19:20
Hmm - so correct me if I'm wrong -

Denmark and Sweden give no credit for having paid tax in Portugal.

The Uk says OK, you've paid tax in Portugal but you'll have to pay us the extra to make it up to our tax level. (Or is it PAYE with a UK Netjets office)?

Spain says you've paid tax in Portugal so we're no longer interested in taxing you. Whereas France used to say this, now they say they want full French tax.

And obviously living in Portugal, you just have to pay their tax. Presumably you also have to pay this is you live in a tax free area such as Andorra or Monaco.

austrian71
5th Jun 2007, 20:23
As far as I can see in my country, we have a o called "double tax agreement" with portugal, that means being employed by a company via lisbon, we dont pay any further taxes, because we are more than 183 days out of our home country, I dont know, of different countries also have this "183 days rule"?

PigBoy
5th Jun 2007, 20:37
Thanks for the response and not wishing to be too pedantic....... but are there any more roadshows planned for the UK and if so where and when.

PB

Joe le Taxi
5th Jun 2007, 20:43
Yes, this seems to be the meaning of a "double tax agreement" for most of Europe - I have worked with Germans, French, Belgians, Dutch Spanish etc, all of whom only pay tax at the rate of the country of the employer, even it is way less than that of their home base, on the proviso that they are less then 183 days in their home country.

Unfortunately, the UK taxman has a very different interpretation of a 'dual tax agreement'; If you pay tax at a lower rate than the UK, in the country where your employer is, then you have to pay the diffreence in the UK up to the level of UK tax. Only if you average less than 91 days in the UK per year, AND have a proper non-UK residence will you escape paying tax at the UK rate.

So my question is, are there any other countries which are moving down the lines of the UK - I am curious about the problems the French at Netjets are having, as under practices applied previously, I wouldn't have thought they would be hit for tax over and above that levied in Portugal.

hawkerpilot
7th Jun 2007, 23:06
eat my shorts, what is wrong with the 1900? It has 2 propellors and a lot of engineers on board.
As Netjets is going to buy another 1900, they are currently looking for people who will initially start on the 1900 and become a captain after 1 year.then 1 year as captain and then you can promote to the Citation Bravo, which seems like a good deal.

You want to join Netjets, not just a plane right?, well this is currently the deal allthough they do not openly admit it fearing for less people to show up. As you only get to hear your aircraft when you show up for indoc, and after you have given up your other job, some could be in for a suprise wishing to fly the G5.

But once again, the 1900 is a great aircraft and a good way to start with Netjets, if this is your kind of company, two years on a 1900 is a small investment.

Good luck, this is the time!
:)

StressFree
8th Jun 2007, 07:17
"The 1900 is a great aircraft......."

This takes the prize for the funniest statement so far this year :D

smallfry
8th Jun 2007, 07:26
I Believe what Eat My Shorts was saying is that the Roadshows are not recuiting for just the 1900. They are recruiting pilots for NetJets as a whole. Lots of aircraft coming, lots of drivers needed. Eat My Shorts was not criticizing the 1900 either.

slowmoving
8th Jun 2007, 09:13
but on the 1900 there is a different pay than on the jets, or ?
thought i read it here on pp or somewhere else ... :}

EatMyShorts!
8th Jun 2007, 19:42
Hi Smallfry got the point what I was trying to point out ;)

brit bus driver
8th Jun 2007, 23:21
Anyone know if this will be conducted in German? Missed the UK roadshows and am thinking of popping over for the day. Any thoughts on the value of the roadshows? Or if I'll understand any of it?!

PanamaJack
10th Jun 2007, 09:15
Would you please elaborate on why the ticket is a waste of money if you are scandinavian?

axv
10th Jun 2007, 09:19
Q: Anyone know if this will be conducted in German?
A: NEIN, all in English. More roadshows to follow after the summer.
Q: any use in applying if you dont have 1500 TT as required on their website?
A: If 1450 go-ahead, 500 come back in 1-2 years if you know what I mean.
Good luck!

netjetter
11th Jun 2007, 07:35
I can confirm the presentation will be in English.

The purpose of the roadshow is to recruit pilots for the main fleet, not the B1900.

hawkerpilot
15th Jun 2007, 00:12
"The purpose of the roadshow is to recruit pilots for the main fleet, not the B1900."

Nice try lisbon, but you know as well as I do that a lot of seats need to be filled on the 1900 and the latest plan discussed in the managers meeting is that people will join for a 2 year period on the 1900 and then move to a bravo.
Nothing wrong with a 1900, and you are inside the company, but you have to be honest with these new guys so they know what to expect. And as you only mention the type they are going to fly when the join on their indoc, many will be dissapointed expecting a G5.....:uhoh:

netjetter
15th Jun 2007, 01:02
Sorry hawkerpilot, but repeating a wrong statement does not make it correct.

I can guarantee that nobody showing up at INDOC will be given the B1900 unless he/she has specificaly applied/interviewed for that position.

We have ONE B1900. I have no idea why you think we have a lot of seats to fill on that ONE aircraft.

We do however have a lot of seats to fill on the 120 Jets we operate.Yes, people might find themselves on a Bravo or 400 but we dont promise a GV to anybody.

In fact, as you know, if we think a candidate is a quick upgrade he/she is more likely to start on a small or mid cabin jet but NOT on the 1900.

I appreciate that for some reason unknown to me you seem to not have enjoyed your time in NetJets but that should not be reason to intentionally spread wrong information about the company.

Feel free to address any issues you feel need resolving but please stickto facts not fiction.

INSIDEVIEW
15th Jun 2007, 10:03
so can i go there with my 1480 hrs ..250 turboprop..and be a candidate they will consider ???

Smeagel
15th Jun 2007, 10:28
Someone from Netjets preaching to others about honesty, clarity and the like?

Oh, the irony :hmm:

hawkerpilot
15th Jun 2007, 11:25
Netjetter, Who has been spreading false information for years? Ask the pilots how reliable your words are and how often we have been misleaded and messed around, or plainly screwed.
You speak about garantees, there is none. Fact is that people join netjets not knowing what they are going to fly, and not to forget, they join as a co-pilot. Not all airline captains are going to like that, co-pilot on a beechjet, 1900 or Bravo, including the lower salary. Most upgrades do not happen under a year, so that is a big paycut.

do not preach honesty to those who know it first hand you don't. Newcomers do not know how you lie and cheat and therefore we stick our head out to warn the unwary.

You say we are frusterated? I enjoyed the operation, and the fantastic collegues but the management made the company so sick that I , like many others left, and in the end , if you want to stay somewhere, you have to enjoy it. It is not only about the money and reading your comments I can see that he company has still not understand allthough that does not suprise me as the old boys are still there pulling the strings.That's why smeagel, bizantin and me and others are fore. We warn people not to just believe your blue eyes.............:E

INSIDEVIEW
15th Jun 2007, 13:25
well having nearly 1500 TT 250 TP ..
I would love to fly the 1900 ...
Honestly

I climb the ladder ..the old fashioned way ...at least i can look back and say>been there ,seen it ,was fun ...

Only my Opinion ...now back to the question ,with above mentioned Hours am i a Candidate worth to go for the Road Show?

Cheers

bizantin
15th Jun 2007, 14:02
Insideview, we are sure you are a nice and you are welcome in trying to join. Apply and see if they call you. I am sure the notice will be short. However do not expect Netjets to be THE company. 95% of the guys over 3 years are looking for something else. It is not a long term company. Just a step for better.
It is very sad because as hawkerpilot said, there is a tremendous potential for making a great company but as long as they run the company this way, pilots will just keep leaving.
...and the worst is coming...

hawkerpilot
15th Jun 2007, 14:21
Dear Inside view,
Thank you for reminding me that their are still people like you with a different perspective of the jobmarket. I too like most strugled long time ago to get that precious time on complex aircraft so I please apply and join to get the experience. When I am making people aware how netjets really is I admitt I am looking at captains only ,who I want to avoid giving up their precious, though perhaps boring job to come to Netjets, as for netjets you are a disposable item, they are not expecting you to stay more than 3 years and trim their behaviour accordingly. And looking at your age and experience, you do well to join, but do not get stuck in this company. Good luck, you will enjoy the collegues and the flying. HP;)

space pig
17th Jun 2007, 10:56
Quote:as for netjets you are a disposable item, they are not expecting you to stay more than 3 years

and that is unfortunately the truth. many disapointed.many good ones left. low timers , first year pink glasses types and ....hols stay. pity but true. Netjets is going down solely by their management and the way they treat their personell...............

Smeagel
23rd Jun 2007, 17:30
N4641P

In another thread you criticise me for involving myself in matters to do with NJE yet here you are apparently defending the company. Now. I make no secret of my background with them, what's your interest might I ask? Genuine question.

Oh, NJE resignations continue to average one per week. Perhaps expect an increase as the deadline approaches for the new super-duper contract in December.

EatMyShorts!
23rd Jun 2007, 20:25
30 resignations this year so far.

Smeagel
23rd Jun 2007, 22:18
N.

Please show proof of any unfounded statements I have made excluding those that I have clearly labelled as a rumour. This is a rumour network, if the concept offends you it begs the question what are you doing here?

A shame others apppear to have mislead you on the resignations front. Who are they? Tell me and I shall have a word with them.

I think you also missed my question so if you don't mind I'l ask it again. What is your interest in NJE?

Flintstone
24th Jun 2007, 11:30
N.

See me afterwards for maths revision. That is 4% in six months, 8% per cent per annum.

How is the recruitment going? It is rumoured that the quality of candidates is low, some are proving slow to train and others are simply not showing up at interview or indoc.

bizantin
24th Jun 2007, 15:31
The quality of the candidates is going down again, worse, many slots for interviews remain vacant. If you do not beleive me, send a CV. you will be called the next week for an interview within a fortnight!
Netjets overrecruited at the beginning of the year to compensate for the pilots who will not sign the new contract. Therefore, the turnover will considerably increase by the end of the year.

Flintstone
26th Jun 2007, 13:51
Why are you repeating your question to bizantin yet addressing it to me? Nasty case of target fixation methinks.

Jeez, I thought I was bad at the internet:rolleyes:

bizantin
26th Jun 2007, 14:25
I have my insight info. Nje managed so far to keep the level but faces less and less quality applications. The turnover for this year will be around 15%. This is based on danish guys that will not be able to leave with NJE salary, french guys whose salary would be considerably lower + a few others who decide that NjE is not for them. It should be around 90people rough guess + the ones who do not realise yet what they are going to make after taxe and pension...
Reminder: 5400eur after portuguese taxe - pension (around 1400euros for something decent) - taxe (usually taxe are paid for the income of the previous year, at least in France!)
Makes a total of around 3000euros!!!! Youuuhoooh, cool is it not?

barista
26th Jun 2007, 16:15
It is as bizantin says.

So many now pay worst tax becuse the company does not care to form a proper arangment. In the begining they let the pilot make thier own deal or not with their own tax man.

Then becuse they have an office in the uk they pay the uk pilot tax but they know many will leave so they pay them more. But ONLY the uk pilots.

Then they screw the portuguese pilots.

Now they are coming to the rest. Like many thing with this company they do the list they have to and only put out fires.

I thing eight per cent will be low by the decembre dedline. Soon thier will be no danish in the company then many french may follow.

hawkerpilot
27th Jun 2007, 15:02
Flintstone:

"How is the recruitment going? "

Well,

There is no problem at all, so many people want to work for netjets.........

They pay the pilots 1000 euro per extra working day only because they like them so much, not because they are short of crew...........;)

Most have not chosen this 1000 euro option.....

strange......

no heart for the company anymore these young lads...........

wonder what the future will bring.........

2000 euro ?:rolleyes:

PigBoy
2nd Jul 2007, 20:28
Some interesting posts regarding NJE recruitment. If they so short of applicants why haven't I recieved a call: 1850 hrs total; 850 heavy turboprop? Sent CV early June!:ugh:
Heres hoping
Rgds
PB

lharle
2nd Jul 2007, 22:01
Can someone tell me when is the next roadshow.
Thank you.

pilotarosa
3rd Jul 2007, 09:14
i read the thread. I don't work for netjets but for an another airline where they are really happy to pay you to work on days off.
I am not bother about this...it just gives me the choice and it means that the business is good. Instead I would be quite worried if, as a friend of mine, I would be asked to take unpaid leave.
Most airline are short of pilots at the moment and if you read the CV that come in ...well there is not such a great choice for candidates!!
I am just happy to be where there is a shortage rather then where there is a surplus!

bizantin
3rd Jul 2007, 17:59
When you go to the interview, ask them what your net salary will be, after tax.
Answer 3000euros for an FO and 5300 for a captain...with no pension...even if you fly a GV or 7X. And that if your country has a non double taxation agreement with portugal!

I will not sign the new contract because I am leaving for a decent contract.
Sorry guys but can't wait to work for a serious company.

jetfly
5th Jul 2007, 09:39
Quick question lads:

So what is the net take home pay for an FO in Sweden? Any one who knows?

Cheers

hallesag
5th Jul 2007, 10:06
Appr 35000 SEK/months after all taxes(incl swedish)