PDA

View Full Version : Hawker 800xp

rocketman
8th Jan 2000, 01:35
I am after some information/notes on this Aircraft, or an address as to where i could get some as I have a ground course comming up and want to do some background reading.
thanks

Daifly
12th Jan 2000, 04:07
Gotta start with www.raytheon.com (http://www.raytheon.com) surely?!?

Ramjet
12th Jan 2000, 05:54
BCA (Business & Commercial Aviation) featured an "Operator Survey: Hawker 800xp" in the January 1999 issue, which does provide an overall 'picture' of the machine, its niche, and what an assortment of operators like/dislike about it. (7 page report)
Another good background piece on the HS125/Hawker family is a 'coffee-table' book by Bill Gunson, with a LOT of interesting stuff. I got mine from FlightSafety at Houston, but I would guess it's more commonly available as well.
If you want the BCA piece, and you can't track down the actual issue, post a message back here, and I'll scan it & email it to you. I just tried a search of their website ( www.aviationweek.com/bca (http://www.aviationweek.com/bca) ) but had no joy in locating the item.
That said, I enjoy the aeroplane as a pilot, and our passengers reckon it's pretty good as well. (Ours is Collins equipped, but most seem to have Honeywell gear - whichever, you have something to really look forward to :))

rocketman
13th Jan 2000, 14:39
Cheers Ramjet
There is no chance of me getting a copy of BCA where i am so if you could e it to me would be great, my training will be at flight safety do they send out info prior to the course or does it all start on day one.
i tryed Raytheon.com but no luck.
cheers

[email protected]

china_trident
13th Jan 2000, 22:45
Try this contact below, he is a really helpfull chap. Their office at Luton have guy's with a bunch of knowledge, plus they are mostly ex Corporate Jets guys from the Hatfield Chester days, when the good old Hawker was manufactered in the UK.

Give it ago any way.

Keith J.H. Symes
Manager Field Service International
Raytheon Aircraft Company
Rushton House
Percival Way
London Luton Airport
Luton
Beds, LU2 9LU

voice 44.(0)1582 875503
fax 44.(0)1582 875500/501

Ramjet
14th Jan 2000, 07:27
G'day rocketman

I'll crank up the scanner this afternoon, and email that report to you, probably as an Adobe .pdf file.

I've been to both FlightSafety and Simuflite for the 800xp courses, and you normally don't get any course materials in advance. In my case, I got some privately, but in retrospect I don't think it's necessary, as the Initial courses are designed around 'no previous experience on type' - so by all means read up on magazine type stuff, and try to start the actual course in a 'non sleep-deprived' state :)