7th Oct 2000, 14:06
Does anyone out there fly the BBJ

inlet corrosion
7th Oct 2000, 23:16
Yes !! How can I help ?

nelly1066
9th Oct 2000, 07:06
hello down detent
im currently doing the bbj course in seattle so if you need the tech stuff i can ask the instructors or operation
will be flying the beauty in the new year

LAVDUMPER
10th Oct 2000, 07:18
Nelly 1066,

Congrats on your BBJ flying position. You are in quite an enviable position.

For those of us who are aspiring BBJ drivers, what type of flying do you expect to do going forward (intra-Europe, worldwide charter, etc.)? What is your background - types of aircraft flown, etc.?

Appreciate the info and hope to join you someday...

Regards

nelly1066
13th Oct 2000, 06:41
the bbj will be mostly inter europe
but also there could be a transatlantic possability
my background is night freight then onto DC9 and HS125
i also fly the G4 concurrently with the BBJ
lifes not too bad
are you flying at the moment ?

fokkerjet
14th Oct 2000, 03:41
nelly1066
Do you fly for Ford out of EGSS?

nelly1066
15th Oct 2000, 23:17
i have that pleasure

Lucky Strike
16th Oct 2000, 04:02
Anybody out there any idea who/what company is or has ordered the BBJ?

nelly1066
16th Oct 2000, 05:19
Lucky

Privat air in geneva
also i think net jets will be puchasing a few to compliment their ranks
westmount investment aviation
fun air
picton II
quite a few american corporate airlines
and a few mid east sheiks
dont know any others

Portly
18th Oct 2000, 01:06
Don't let anyone fool you - its a 737-200 with new(er) engines, a few TV screens and a swish interior. If you want to fly an up-to-date aircraft, leave the Boeing rubbish behind and fly an Airbus CJ.

You might want to work up those finger muscles for all the TOGGLE SWITCHES in the overhead!!!! (Laugh, I nearly bought a round).

Seriously, Boeing should be prevented by law from selling these aircraft. They're a liability to passengers and operators alike.

con-pilot
18th Oct 2000, 01:32
Don't hold back Portly, tell us how you really feel.

LAVDUMPER
18th Oct 2000, 09:24
Portly,

Since you are bashing the BBJ (one of the most highly coveted posts in corporate aviation), I'd really like to know what you fly.

Obviously you must be one of the rare (and lucky) Airbus CJ pilots for you to dish it out like that... Who cares if the BBJ overhead is a bit archaic? The rest of the flightdeck is pretty advanced by modern standards. I don't currently fly anything that remotely compares, but someday I would like to.

You sound like an envious, insecure, wannabe heavy corporate-iron pilot. C'mon Portly, tell us what you fly in comparison (it must be fantastic), and quit acting like a ba$tard...

Cobra
18th Oct 2000, 12:13
Poor-poor Portly!!
Having the opportunity to evaluate the AB-CJ(A319) prior to the order and subsequent delivery of the BBJ it soon became apparent which is the better, i.e. crew training costs, running cost and maintainance. Furthermore, this has been borne out over several months in service. They're great to fly and with the new BBJ2 on the way, more good things to look forward to. By the way we also operate GIVSP and GV, the best of all worlds, cool eh? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

mutt
18th Oct 2000, 20:27
Lavdumper, heres your chance...

BBJ Captain Required
Middle East company has immediate vacancy for experienced 737 NG captain flying worldwide. Previous executive experience an advantage.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
British Passport Holder
U.K.ATPL with 737 NG type rating (U.S.ATPL an advantage)
737 experience as captain
Maximum age 50 years
Please send CV to Box No B9370, 12th Floor, Flight International, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS

Mutt
PS, i know nothing else about this.

LAVDUMPER
19th Oct 2000, 02:09
Mutt,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, it will be a long while before I can qualify for that type of position. Just wishful thinking for now...

Cobra - wow! That's quite a stable of horses... GV and a BBJ - must be very, very nice. Have you flown both? If so, which do you prefer and why? What types of mission profiles do you fly in those aircraft?

Sounds like Portly doesn't know what he's talking about... I'd really like to know what he flies in comparison. It must be MUCH better than a BBJ...

Cheers

Cobra
19th Oct 2000, 06:11
G'day LD. It is a rotten job-but then someone has to do it!! Usually long haul with a veriable client profile. Periods away(from home) differ considerably dependant on tasking etc. Get to fly all three types due CP role and they're all good. Go thru your "neck of the woods" occasionally, cold wet and windy place-prefer the sun!
Any of you guys in Malayasia for Grand Prix?

Capt PPRuNe
19th Oct 2000, 12:46
Topic closed until Down Detent sorts out his registered email address as all notifications of replies are bouncing back to me due to a duff hotmail address.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork