PDA

View Full Version : Gulf air bond: No more bond.. 767 >> 320

yoohoo748
8th May 2007, 13:05
No more bond.. 767 >> 320

NO more bond for 767 transfer to 320. Still looks like they are having trouble filling simm slots for 320.

ironbutt57
8th May 2007, 13:28
Well done, promised and delivered....:ok:

Tachi
8th May 2007, 14:39
Good stuff but disappointed with the 200Bd salary rise though. We expected much more 800-1000 minimum .Maybe I am being greedy -Half a loaf is better than none?

point8four
8th May 2007, 15:04
Standby for further package adjustment. Lets give em a gap- they've stirred up more action in the short time they've been here than the "palace" has seen in a long, loooong time.

Don't stop now chaps- I might just start buying Emmental cheese again. (Package depending)

brassplate
8th May 2007, 15:10
maybe they'll raise the other extras, either the perdiems or housing/schooling. then maybe, it will be just 'okay', and maybe just enough to make one stay with gf, though begrudgingly.
management had better study the big three's (etihad, qatari and emirates) near future pilots requirements because if they (gf) win now by stemming the exodus of pilots by marginally improving the package, the pilots will not give them another chance when the next opportunity to migrate south comes.

tbaylx
8th May 2007, 15:45
The 200BD package increase was just the start as i understand it. Now no more bond (which was my big hangup the whole time), they are making the decision to leave a little more difficult, would have been alot easier if they just told us to piss off :)

B7,etc
8th May 2007, 15:54
Some guy in the Swiss tech team must have done his homework for a change...
The amount of money GF used to ask for bonding people was enormous, compared to what is currently practiced in the industry.
Anyway, even in the sand pit there are some rules and one of them is that a bond must be agreed by both parties(signed) and cannot exceed an amount corresponding to a certain proportion of the salary of the employee...With what they were asking they were far from there.
So ,well done ,yes as far as respecting the rule should only be SOP...Yanni!

Panama Jack
9th May 2007, 04:19
Lets give them credit where credit is due.

The new Management has just completed over one month in the Pink Palace and a lot already being done. The problems of the past where not the doing of the current management team and from what I am seeing, they seem very sincere (or at least more so than previous management) in addressing them.

These are interesting times at Gulf Air.

AirbustA340
10th May 2007, 21:17
PJ you got that one right.

They sure are sincere, first management we ever had that told us to our face they'll screw us, so heck I'll give them that much, they are sincere.

As far as times being interesting, heck wait for June, should certainly raise lots of eyebrows:E

ironbutt57
11th May 2007, 03:43
Well they told me to my face that bonds would not be required when pilots are involuntarily moved off the 767 fleet on to the 320...and they did follow up on that promise..how did they screw you Airbust340?? If you feel so, then go tell them..I did over the bond issue and got positive results..

AirbustA340
11th May 2007, 07:03
Ironbutt I frankly am getting tired of you and your constant attempts to convince us that the sun is shinning out Naff's a$$.
We did confront him in the meeting with our 3% pay increase in our contract and he laughed it off. He told us we should be lucky to keep our jobs never mind get an increase. He said he has a list of 200 pilots who are in for the sack or a final warning. When asked how he came about such a list and what criteria were used to compile it he said they did it in operations and everyone knows who the "bad one's" are.
I dont know any "bad one's" I just know guys who have busted their a$$es to keep this airline flying. We've flown crappy maintained aircraft on days off to help out and this is what we get.
Naff can take his attitude and shove it and if AUH, DXB or DOH's cost of living is higher I don't care, but I will not stand around and get insulted in this way.
GF's problems never stemmed from the pilot or cabin crew departments yet we are the one's being threatened (see GDN... 1500 EXPAT crew to get sacked). Lets just see how they will handle the situation when for the first time in GF's history all their problems come from the lack of crew to fly.

JetWSH
11th May 2007, 07:51
We did confront him in the meeting with our 3% pay increase in our contract and he laughed it off. He told us we should be lucky to keep our jobs never mind get an increase. He said he has a list of 200 pilots who are in for the sack or a final warning. When asked how he came about such a list and what criteria were used to compile it he said they did it in operations and everyone knows who the "bad one's" are.

A340 - which meeting did you go to? The first or second one? I dont remember Naff having said anything close to what you mention. In fact, he was very calm and responded professionally when he was fired at from all angles. At the time of the meeting he had only been with the company for 2 weeks. I think the team has done an excellent job so far of convincing people that they are serious about turning Gulf Air around again. Yes maybe I havent been around for as long as some of you to experience past, never-delivered-upon-promises but why expect the same from this team when you have hardly given them a chance.

Like most I'm also looking around and keeping my options open but I do believe Dose and his team are capable of convincing a lot of pilots to stay and turning this airline around. Newspaper today said 18 months to go before profits begin to emerge. Let's work with these guys, do our best and watch as things improve.

Stratosphere6000
11th May 2007, 08:07
Obviuosly you are very new to the World of GF. Newspaper also said 1 month before the downsizing was announced that they were looking at 747's to replace 767's............Food for thought...........

Heleheleyani
11th May 2007, 12:59
Mr Ironbutt thinks management know who he is so that he will get somewhere by ar.e licking! shame on you and people like you! you make the world a miserable place.

ironbutt57
11th May 2007, 13:03
Dont really concern myself with your dislike of my posts, not trying to convince you of anything airbust340...why would I care what you think of me or otherwise...really now...(and I know where the sun does, and doesnt shine from) you have your opinions and I have mine...really up to you what you do...again if you have grievances or disappointments then take it up with them...it's easy to voice your displeasure while hiding behind your anonymity here on Pprune...try it in person.. I did over the bond issue...and it got sorted...have a nice life:ok:

Capt Hair Y Balls
11th May 2007, 13:17
Heleheleyani,

Mr Ironbutt thinks management know who he is so that he will get somewhere by ar.e licking! shame on you and people like you! you make the world a miserable place.

:D :D :D :D :D

He was saying exactly the same during the previous management, it's second nature to him. Sad really

ironbutt57
11th May 2007, 13:28
personally feel that time is better spent trying to put a positive spin on things, despite unfortunate and disappointing cirmcumstances, as opposed to taking the easy way out and whining and complaining while hiding behind some moniker here on Pprune...If I complain here, it's because I already did likewise in the office...can you say the same??? Give any of you detractors 6 months at your next company...and the same vitriol will be coming from you again...good luck to you...:ok:

point8four
11th May 2007, 16:33
Have to agree with you IB. A serial/chronic whinger will find no peace irrespective of how many stones are over-turned.

CL= half rho vee squared ess. A little more positivity might just get this thing off the ground....?? Lets give it till June boys and re-assess.

Zenj
12th May 2007, 08:10
How about those moving from B767 F/O to A340 F/O ?

Bond still prevails ?

point8four
12th May 2007, 15:43
Not sure zenj..... voluntary transfer might fuel the argument that it was not "forced" due to fleet downsizing therefore management may still apply a bond? Interesting question anyone else with an idea?

Trader
12th May 2007, 19:05
I would assume (loaded word that one) that all pilots from the 767 that move to other fleets will not be required to sign a new bond but simply continue with the existing one. The idea being that since the move is forced it would be unfair to require them to sign a new bond.

Everyone else has had the OPTION to move to another fleet and so the idea of bonding when you move fleets remains in that situation.

yoohoo748
17th May 2007, 18:41
It's back. The bond that is. Less now... more realistic. 12000BD over two years. 321 are back online too... starting July... starting to reduce boeing size to from 7 at end of summer to 3 at end of the year, then all gone by spring time... March.

Speedbrake Lever
17th May 2007, 18:55
Yoohoo
Thats today's news

S.L.

yoohoo748
18th May 2007, 05:52
Check. I understand.

yoohoo748
18th May 2007, 10:34
Company webmail.

ttg22
18th May 2007, 13:27
Yoohoo748 but about wich company webmail are you talking about?
Or it's only for few?
Did not see any email like that!!!! :eek:

ironbutt57
18th May 2007, 14:49
I saw a printout about it and the other stuff, but actually never get those emails either...:confused:

yoohoo748
18th May 2007, 17:23
came in my webmail.. I won't give the exact attachent file name on here, but it came on my webmail dated for the 17th of may, from CP B767. Maybe it's just for the people that are in need of knowing and have not made the transfer yet. NOT knowing.