PDA

View Full Version : Want to be a Bizjet flyer

jet jones
4th Jan 2000, 13:53
Hi I am just about to commence my ATPL, I do not want to go down the normal Airline route. How does one apply for F/O position on a Biz jet?

------------------
live to fly

Daifly
4th Jan 2000, 23:37
If only it was that easy!

Business Avtn is a very selective, who-you-know kind of area. Most of the people who fly for us have either been hanging around here through various means (flying instructing on the airfield we operate from) or are friends of friends.

Our Kingair effohs have generally had a bit of experience in the corporate market, flying things like Senecas and Navajos - then they move on to us for Turbine experience - and we'll know that they're up to scratch on their customer service bits.

Then to move onto the Lear means biding your time and just building hours on the Kingair until a Lear slot appears.

Once you're in it's a nice run uphill in terms of career and you can move around inter-company with some degree of ease. But getting in...? Don't envy you mate!

If you want anymore hints or advice, feel free to mail me.

[This message has been edited by Daifly (edited 04 January 2000).]

StressFree
14th Jan 2000, 21:39
JJ,
I agree with Daifly, its hard to get in but once youre there its well worth it. I've been flying bizjets for over 10 years and would never go back to the airlines.
If youre really keen you will make it, feel free to mail me if I can be of any help.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Jan 2000, 13:59
Hey, I'm looking at possibly getting a job on a Navajo (spelling?) with 1030 hrs TT but must have 100hrs Multi. It would be a start.

Looks like I'm going to move up the instructing ladder though. Same money less stress.

ps if anyone needs a KingAir FO I could be easily bought though...

Daifly
17th Jan 2000, 01:57
Still working on it WWW.... (http://WWW....) Not looking good for the first few months though to be honest. The jobs they were going to were a little pie in the sky... (Sounds like of description of me flying!) Trust me, you're on the list!