View Full Version : Metro Or King Air Endorsement

onthillside
8th May 2007, 05:01
Does anyone have a recomendation for a training organisation that can do an endorsement on either a metro or king air. would prefer close to brisbane but understand this may not be poss.

MCKES
8th May 2007, 06:03
Just my opinion I think you would be in a much better position with a King air endo than a metro one. Good Luck

onthillside
8th May 2007, 06:32
MCKES thanks for the advise. any reason for the king air. this will be my first turbine endo.

Next Generation
8th May 2007, 06:49
I would recommend a 737 or A320 for your first turbine endorsement in the current environment! :E

chimbu warrior
8th May 2007, 07:44
NG is right. The current boom may not last, so assuming that you already have some multi-engine command time, why not spend a little more and skip a couple of rungs on the ladder?

Both the red and orange teams are hiring in earnest, so the risks of spending your money and then not getting a job are minimal.

morno
8th May 2007, 07:45
Question, why are you paying for the endorsement??

TwoHundred
8th May 2007, 07:53
Get the job 1st. Let your employer pay for the endo.

helijet
8th May 2007, 09:04
I would strongly recommend that you wait. If this is your 1st turbine there will be few if any operators that will put you in either of those aircraft with just a bare endo and would want to do quite a bit of training first. While a lot of operators do charge these days there are still some that don't. Not only that but if you go out and get one then Vb or J* call your out $10k before you've even thought about those endo's.

onthillside
9th May 2007, 07:59
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not interested in the main airlines. Would like to do a turbine endorsement to further my flying ability. I have herd the metro or king air are a great start hence the post. I have good multi experience so would prefer a multi insted of a single. If a job was available in the future on either of these aircraft then yes I would be interested, but not the main reason for the endorsement. Some may disagree with paying for an endorsement some may not. I am paying for my own with no job on offer so hardly disrupting the " pilot employment rights"