PDA

View Full Version : Long/Short haul corporate job wanted

Shanwick Shanwick
27th Sep 2000, 01:15
I'm with Virgin at the moment and would like to return to corporate aviation doing a mix of long/short-haul on a decent aircraft in the left seat.

Although I live in the north I'd be willing to move south for the right job.

What's the UK market like at the moment?

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

StressFree
27th Sep 2000, 21:08
Evening,
I've sent you an e-mail suggestion. Let me know if you havnt got it. Its not the best thing ever but right now in the UK its about as good as it gets.
Do you REALLY want to do this?
Be in touch soon.
All the best.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Shanwick Shanwick
28th Sep 2000, 02:01
I haven't got it yet as I won't be at home 'til Monday.

Yes I want ot do this. I've had enough!

I applied for a job at Northern Exec. today so we'll see what comes of that.

How's things?

Brgds

------------------

Amazon man
28th Sep 2000, 05:00
Shanwick.
Interested to hear you've had enough of Virgin, I was begining to think i was the only one fed up with airline flying and looking to return to corporate. Be interested to hear your reasons for wanting out of virgin though, I thought it was the dream job.

StressFree
28th Sep 2000, 22:16
Shanwick,
Greetings. Northern Exec. are a decent firm but what I've mailed you is better. An un-expected vacancy has arisen at a well known corporate outfit! Say no more, look at your mail when you get home.
Talk to you when you get back.
PS Things are going great thanks.
Regards.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

[This message has been edited by StressFree (edited 28 September 2000).]

Shanwick Shanwick
29th Sep 2000, 01:04
Thanks StressFree, I'll look forward to it!
Do you think I have the required qualifications though?

Amazon.....

Virgin, the airline, is probably applied to more than any other. This is one of the primary reasons that nothing ever improves.
Our annual pay awards tend to be below the industry average and therefore our basic salary is below the likes of Airtours, Air 2000 and JMC.
We're the lowest paid 744 drivers in the world but very few leave because unless you are willing to go to the far/middle east there are no other longhaul jobs about.
The management are fully aware of this and take full advantage.
The whole Virgin industry is built on low salaries with the management of each business reliant on the "fun" aspect of the group to entice staff.
Yes, we have 3500 mostly gorgeous girls to work with and yes, we have the best staff travel in the industry but only financial remuniration pays the bills!

Nuf said!

------------------

Pinnocio
1st Oct 2000, 15:52
Hi Stressfree,

How about putting that e-mail here for us to see? - please :-) I'm also looking for corporate stuff.

Best rgds