PDA

View Full Version : flexjet interview

gregory gomez
3rd Jun 2000, 16:58
i had a telephone interview last week and have been invited to copenhagen for the official grilling june 9th. i have heard very good things about flexjet - true/false? any info on the company/interview process etc... thanks

Hungry Pilot
3rd Jun 2000, 19:23
Hey Canada,

Go back to the bizjet forum, go to the window above the topics that says "show topics from last x days", select 30 days,check out the discussion called Netjets v Flexjet.

Good Luck,

Dutch

------------------
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh!t.

[This message has been edited by Hungry Pilot (edited 03 June 2000).]

LAVDUMPER
5th Jun 2000, 21:15
GG,

I have a number of friends who fly for FlexJet in the States. Most are very happy and thoroughly enjoy their jobs. The airplanes are high tech (Lear 31s, 60s and brand-new 45s, Challenger 604s and a fleet of Global Express aircraft on the way) and relatively well maintained.

The flying is very diverse and challenging at times - frequent flights into smaller, uncontrolled fields. Essentially, Flexjet has been described as a corporate job with an airline schedule because you actually know your schedule long in advance - typically a six-day on, four-day off schedule in the States. I am not sure how the European schedule would differ.

I have talked to a number of pilots who view Flexjet as a route to the airlines, and others who view Flexjet as the "ultimate" career option with great airplanes, great route variety, interesting customers, medium pay and significant job stability (due to the fact that the owner is the manufacturer).

I recently sat in the flight deck of one of Flexjet's Lear 60s - quite a nice view from the sharp end of that dart!

Good luck with the interview and keep us updated on your progress. Where would you likely be based - London, Frankfurt or Copenhagen?

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!

gregory gomez
6th Jun 2000, 19:44
thanks for the info. i think i have been tabbed for london if all works out on friday. questions in the interview like... would you have any problems living in london? a very nice lady from dallas did the telephone interview - she said she is over for a couple of weeks helping out on the hr side. it sounds like a great gig. crossing all body parts.

LAVDUMPER
6th Jun 2000, 21:39
GG,

Good luck and let us know how things progressed.

------------------
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pilot is king!

TheDrop
14th Jul 2000, 15:09
So, can we get an update on FlexJet and NetJets ?

Are there pilots here waiting for interview, or waiting for an answer from same ?

Or pilots who have been hired so far ?

TD

Flintstone
14th Jul 2000, 22:27
Just been hired by NetJets. Looks very interesting and I can't wait to get stuck in.