PDA

View Full Version : Execujet & Lanseria sold?

bathtub200
7th May 2007, 16:10
Anybody out there can confirm or deny that Execujet and Lanseria airport have been sold to an Irishman?

4HolerPoler
8th May 2007, 22:22
Spot on bro - Rumour of the Week Award :ok:

Irish entrepreneur Dermot Desmond, the majority owner of Grob Aerospace, has acquired majority ownership of Zurich-based ExecuJet Aviation Group, the company announced today. Though the terms were not released, Desmond will hold more than 51 percent of ExecuJet and join the board as chairman. According to ExecuJet CEO Niall Olver, who will remain in place “for the time being,” ExecuJet sought the investment to recapitalize for future development. Currently ExecuJet manages more than 100 aircraft worldwide and also serves as a dealer for Bombardier. Desmond is an Irish businessman who has had recent success in aviation. He bought London City airport in 1995 for £23.5 million and turned it for a major profit last year, selling the airport for a reported £750 million. Olver, who is also CEO of Grob, emphasized to AIN that the companies will remain completely separate, despite similar ownership and management.

How does Roux Marnitz stay in the background through all of this? An astute businessman! I guess he has a big smile on his dial following this deal.

4HP

merlinxx
9th May 2007, 08:04
D.D. has proved his mettle, I'm very happy that someone is at last paying attention to FALA.

George Tower
18th Jun 2007, 20:20
Can anyone confirm whether the Dermot Desmond has bought Roux Marnitz share in Lanseria - I know he's done the Execujet deal but what about Lanseria?

pc9
20th Jan 2009, 12:28
anyone know what happend to the moral there every one so:\ at excujet ,lots of new faces.less experence,maybe another rossair or ext turbine?

Voel
20th Jan 2009, 13:49
Heard Roux Marnitz is going to invest in Namibia:ok: With all the Uranium Mines popping up along the west coast, a business aviation hub would be ideal to serve those mines. There are talks they are looking at Arandis (FYAR):D

beechbum
20th Jan 2009, 18:54
Maybe just as well...so that Execujet can get their ducks in a row! In fact a good bit of competition in the SA market place would definitley wake them up a bit....!!!!! Pity there ain't any.....
Any takers out there????

pc9
26th Jan 2009, 09:42
heard lots of jet type products going to Nam for Roux to look after , he has the people to do it .as for exjet i think they ran out of ducks