PDA

View Full Version : You know you've been flying to long when...

richxby
7th May 2007, 15:09
Saw this on another forum, so you may have seen it before. But for those who haven't thought you might like a laugh, enjoy ;)

You know you've been flying to long when...

1. You can eat a 4 course meal standing up
2. You search for a button to flush the toilet
3. You look for the "crew line" at the supermarket
4. You can pack for a 2 week trip in 1 trolley case
5. All of your pens have different hotel names on them
6. You NEVER unpack
7. You can recognize pilots by the backs of their heads-but not by their faces
8. You can tell from 70 yards away if a piece of luggage will fit in the overhead bin
9. You can tie a neck scarf 36 ways
10. You know at least 25 uses for air sickness bags-none of which pertain to vomit
11. You understand and actually use the 24-hour clock
12. You own 2 sets of uniforms: fat and thin
13. You don't think in "months"-you think in "rosters"
14. You always point with two fingers
15. You get a little too excited by certain types of ice
16. You stand at the front door and politely say "Buh-bye, thanks, have a nice day" when someone leaves your home
17. You can make a sentence using all of the following phrases: "At this time, " "For your safety, " "Feel free, " and "As a reminder"
18. You know what's on the cover of the current issues of OK, Heat, Cosmo, Hello magazines
19. You stop and inspect every fire extinguisher you pass, just to make sure the "gauge is in the green"
20. Your thighs are covered in bruises from armrests and elbows
21. You wake up and have to look at the hotel stationery to figure out where you are
22. You refer to cities by their airport codes
23. Every time the doorbell rings you look at the ceiling.
24. You actually understand every item on this list

....I'm sure there's loads more as well!

How about these?

25. You haven't had a serious relationship for months
26. You haven't seen any of your close friends for months
27. You fly for AA
28. You are attending AA meetings...

richxby
7th May 2007, 15:49
You're welcome AMS-LHR, hope it brightened up your bank holiday!?

sign-it-to-your-room
7th May 2007, 18:34
How about this.

Your kitchen cupboards are full of dents cos you kick them shut rather than just closing them!

richxby
7th May 2007, 18:54
Haha yeah that's a good one, or...

Your kitchen cupboards are full of coffee sachets, miniature spirits and 1/4 bottles of wine that fall in your crew bag every flight

flyblue
7th May 2007, 20:14
Your kitchen cupboards are full of coffee sachets, miniature spirits and 1/4 bottles of wine that fall in your crew bag every flight
No matter how long we have been flying, I'm sure many of us will never be in this situation, richxby :=

UP and Down Operator
7th May 2007, 21:44
And some of us have been there a looooong looooong time already :E

slide blower
9th May 2007, 12:20
Mrs Slide Blower asked me one day about the dream i had the night previous.
as i talk in my sleep she is use to hearing me say random words and sentences through the night.
the day she asked me if the pilot had sorted his hair problem out i was somewhat confused until she explained that the pilot was giving me N.I.T.S.
a holiday was taken very shortly after!.

Mr Seatback 2
9th May 2007, 13:02
Ooh...let me add to the list...

You know you need a holiday when (continued)...

1. Before answering your front door, you visually check outside conditions first before opening.
2. When closing front door, you go to make the 'door closure' PA.
3. When the phone rings, you answer 'Hi, Mr Seatback @ door...'
4. You constantly manage, without breaking a sweat, the art of making anything fit into a tiny, cramped space (my housemates stare in awe as I make weeks worth of groceries fit into our fridge)

and ONCE you manage to get holidays...moments where you it's abundantly clear you need a break - NOW!

1. You momentarily have a freak-out that you're having a drink onboard the aircraft, and has anybody seen you (before realising that you're in your holiday 'chardy cardy')
2. A call bell goes off, and you race off to answer it.
3. You're in the lav, and you automatically start restocking it.
4. You start rearranging the finished meal trays of people in your row so they'll fit back into the cart for collecting.