PDA

View Full Version : What airlines should I apply to? Where do I start?

LX/FA
7th May 2007, 12:01
Hello everyone...

It's been a long time since I've posted something here ...

I've been a cabin crew for almost 10 years, for various European airlines. More than 2 years ago, I decided to leave my F/A job at Swiss Int'l Air Lines, and move from Switzerland to Spain, where my partner is from (I used to commute but that was too exhausting). I now work at Madrid airport as a customer service agent for a small airline.

I miss flying so much that I've decided that 2007 would be the year I will go back to the skies. I've tried, without success, to apply here in Spain with Spanish airlines, but most of them have a 30-year old cap (I'll turn 35 this Summer), with one having a 26 y/o limit... and the rest are crap that probably wouldn't be allowed to fly in other countries...

I've decided to look at the UK or Ireland, as age there do not seem to be much of an issue and conditions are better than in most other places in Europe.

So, where should I start? I'd prefer longhaul but am open to anything really. I like charters and its very un-predictable operations as well as more stable, scheduled airlines. The only ones I would avoid are pure low-cost, shorthaul carriers, because of the lack of nightstops.

I'd be grateful for any advice, info .... especially from people who have moved from other countries to the UK to work as a F/A.

Thanks

S.

TightSlot
7th May 2007, 13:02
The information that you require is available already in this forum - please read it and then return with a more specific question