PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2003

homesick rae
7th May 2007, 08:08
Hi,

I was assisting a friend buy a new PC and he was trying to buy Office 2007 Standard edition. He was advised to buy the Home and Student version then download Outlook from the MSN website. I have searched the site and cannot find the download. Any ideas please?

Many thanks

HR

All Ahead Full
8th May 2007, 11:12
Hmmm - Office normally comes with Outlook built in - you cannot download Outlook from the MSN site - only free Outlook is Outlook Express, which comes pre-installed anyway.

AAF

oldbeefer
9th May 2007, 13:48
According to Amazon, it's another 80 quid for Outlook to go with 2007!

Jhieminga
10th May 2007, 07:36
Looks like the 2007 Home & Student edition indeed is shipped without Outlook. If your friend really needs it then I'd suggest returning the package and getting a 'regular' office version. Otherwise I'd try Mozilla's Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/). A capable e-mail program which is free and not as bug-ridden as Microsoft's attempts.

You can download Outlook from the Microsoft website, but only as a trial version. Surely not what the guy in the store meant?

Keef
10th May 2007, 11:52
The only reason you'd need Outlook is to run a diary interface with a PDA or Ipod or whatever, and/or a corporate system. I use it for my diary, but it's blocked from accessing the Internet.

Other than that, Thunderbird is more competent and less buggy.

flybhx
11th May 2007, 22:08
Thunderbird now has a diary add on which will do the job if you dont need to synch with a pda etc

homesick rae
12th May 2007, 07:31
Thanks for the replies. Outlook is required for our business email. Whilst he can access remotely, he is home based and requires full set up at home.

I have Office 2007 standard with Outlook. Just makes life a wee bit easier for us.

Cheers

HR