PDA

View Full Version : Should we just watch a great ship sink in shallow water?

Clean Air
7th May 2007, 00:15
I really do not mind that capable people get well paid, or even overpaid to do some achievement for the benefit of every one else.

In some places, and among many of the nationals around here a western man (blond and blue eyes in Arabic is called Khouaga) is always MR right, he is a clever and smart man, it is granted that he is the best, but also among us western men (blond and blue eyes) we see him like any one else, we like to see first and then judge later about being MR right, this is where democracy works best.

Let us take a look at Gulf Air little back on history
We saw what JH did during his monarchy, and so far AD is giving sign of the same intentions.
These intention remind me about a man who has a dog, he does not want to or may be not able to feed his dog, so every morning he cuts a little piece of the dog’s tail, cook it and give back to the dog to feed on it, until one day dog is finished or the dog dies from bleeding.
Few B767 was sold and leased back, aircraft spar parts been sold, hotel shares was sold, and now all B767 to be sold and even the Simulator training center is under consideration, which could ends the famous GF era in high training standard.
The dog owner never bought a fresh meat to his dog, but relay on the dog strength to survive.
As well as those monarchs never try to get Gulf air a new business opportunity, such as cargo division, tourist to owner countries, or at least develop Gulf air as a healthy infrastructure (a small losses is acceptable) serving the economy of the owner country. They rather relay only on the brand name that was created for many years ago and the good employees that they wants to sack now.
AD first announcement was scary demoralizing everybody, in out Gulf Air even the passengers, the banks stopped lending money to he staff. And he realize that or some one told him, he came back with another announcement saying that he was the god gift to Gulf Air, just getting from bad to worth.
He is acting like a mad Swiss knife, this knife is cutting down the revenue before it is cutting down the cost (He wants to get rid of the B767 in 2 month and get rid of the surplus employees in 2 years??). :=
Gulf Air board of directors are giving such a generous offer for the PCE, so it attracts many to come even those who likes only to hit and run.
We all in and outside Gulf Air knows how the company been abused and mismanaged for many years, but we still accept to be Bull sheeted by those PCE all these years.

Last February the B767 was grounded because of corrosion suspension, on the coming July (3 months resignation time), Mr. Ad will wake up and see many aircraft grounded because of pilot shortage, Gulf Air pilot are head hunted at the moment , not only Gulf airlines, but also some Indian airlines who knows how well trained they are.
It will take him and his chief operating officer much longer time to type rate the bush pilot they may be able to get by then

Stratosphere6000
7th May 2007, 04:11
Its unfortunate but I have to agree with you in many ways. They all come to make a ton of money and make the books look good no matter what. JH sold all the assets. These guys downsizing/cutting staff. Same outcome different way of doing things. I hear so much that Bahrain is the financial Hub of ME..IT wants to be the gateway of the ME????all the development etc...I just feel that downsizing/redunduncies was short sighted and just a quick fix. Yes GF losing lots of money, but its more through mis-management and ppl not giving a damn to develop and build what GF has. ook at the 3 big boys in the region. They are forever finding new ways of improving their business. Don't tell me Bahrain is small cause so is singapore plus Bahrain had the advantage of starting decades before all of them. COO said we are not going to compete with big 3. So whats the competition then? Air Arabia, Al Jazeera? These are low cost carriers operating in countries which already have their own big carriers.........