PDA

View Full Version : Etihad's "Revolutionary" rent to buy ?

Not registered
6th May 2007, 22:27
Can anyone please shed any light on the presentation by Aldar Properties for Etihad pilot's regarding this scheme and prices .
Is this is something substantial or just another pr stunt ?:ugh: :{

Yani Yani
6th May 2007, 22:54
Its a PR stunt.

And it will not cost company a dime as "the offer" is a regular mortgage you will paying for yourself. If you can afford it. The Raha Beach properties are not cheap and if you eg take up a mortgage for AED 2mil you are looking at monthly payments of roughly AED18000.

Last I checked the housing allowance from company AED10000/ month.

If you necessarily want to buy property in UAE, you can find much better deals than that. Try Manazel or Hydra Properties in Abu Dhabi or the secondary market/ resell up in Dubai.

But these are desperate times as far as pilot recruitment goes and guessing EY has no more room in the budget for pilot retirement schemes, loss of license, company transport, overtime pay etc so they working the smoke and mirror show.

sandblasted
7th May 2007, 10:10
I agree, definately a JH sales scam, not an Etihad representative in sight! nice food though:} . the Al Raha project looks wonderful (nice to visit in the future) but would you seriously pay 2 million for a property guaranteed for 35 years. A real rent to buy scheme would have found villa projects which would be granted to you if you stay for say 15 years without trapping us with 8 percent mortgages etc.I think that was the idea initially then they realised they could tie us down for 25 years and make some commission in the process without stretching the budget,nice job JH := better luck next time!! :ok:

west of 30w
7th May 2007, 11:20
What happened to the bit where you put in your housing allowance for 15 years, therefore commiting yourself to Etihad for the long term and in return the property was to be yours, a "new" type of pension scheme?
Now you take out the worlds most expensive mortgage and get a 1 bed studio flat, as its all you can afford!!!
Maybe its a plan to make Khalifa B villas look more attractive.

noflare
8th May 2007, 19:09
What a waste of time!
The presentation was given by some guy who stuttered and bungled his way through!....didnt fill me with confidence.
The visuals were quite impressive but no mention of any favourable terms for EY staff and out of most folks price range I think

Definately better deals to be had on the open market.

Sorry Hogie but this one back fired...:=