PDA

View Full Version : Multi hour building

ramshorn
6th May 2007, 18:14
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good place in the USA/South Africa for Multi engine p1 hour building please with some idea of cost per hour if possible. If I was to go to South Africa could I fly on the priveleges of my JAR CPL ME/IR?

Thanks;)

Helipilot1982
6th May 2007, 19:06
I know of Ari-ben Aviator at fort pierce in florida. they use duchesses

B200Drvr
6th May 2007, 20:27
You would have to do a validation in South Africa, Write Air-Law & proc. and do a flight test. Ari-Ben is a better idea.

PIGDOG
6th May 2007, 22:20
Just a word...

Under FAA there can be two people P1 hour building in the same aircraft at the same time. It's not allowed under JAA. But it can be the reason some American places are able to offer twin time at incrediby low prices; two people are essentially paying for each hour.

I may be wrong, but for your sake, it's worth checking it out.

Egnatia aviation have DA42's for 215 euro's per hour. Worth a look.

Superpilot
7th May 2007, 07:40
Yes the quoted multi hour building price is for 2 people acting as P1. You have to pay aroud £20 more if you want to do it the JAA legit way.

crap pilot
7th May 2007, 07:53
This may be of interest to you http://www.aircraftgrouping.com/no_equity_diamond_da42.htm

BlueRobin
7th May 2007, 07:57
There's a company in Bagby which rents a DA42 for £180/hr wet. I doubt you can get much cheaper without travelling. CP they don't afaik yet have an aeroplane!

portsharbourflyer
7th May 2007, 08:04
Just to clarify for everyone.

With Ari Ben, one person is flying under the hood (simulated IMC), while the other pilot acts as the safety pilot, on the 100 hour scheme, 50 hours is flown under the hood, 50 hours as a safety pilot. Under the FAA rules you can log the safety pilot time, under JAA only the handling pilot can log the time, hence of the 100 hours, 50 are still legally "loggable" under JAA rules.

But as mentioned for a charge of $20 dollars more all hours can be logged as P1 if you are a JAA hour builder. Therefore I assume that the equivalent safety time is sold to an FAA hour builder at $20 dollars cheaper than the normal rate.

Out of interest I assume all posters on here are trying to get the 40 hours p1 multi needed to meet single pilot ops requirements.

I have heard at some air taxi companies it is possible to get pilots assistance work and build multi time by flying dead legs/empty sectors (was offered such a position but the company only lasted two months before I had a chance to start the job).