PDA

View Full Version : ATC in UAE - AUH-DXB

Tin-Bullet
6th May 2007, 14:45
hey guys

been a bit quiet lately down here.......

AUH

Whats goin on about the new SALARY Increases in AUH??

Senior SUP AED87k monthly??

SUP AED65k monthly?

What about for ATCO's?? ACC , APP & TWR guys in AUH??? Whats happening?

Out & ReCHARGING........

DXB

How many leaving?? or actually have RESIGNED? & how many others to FOLLOW? 14 - 8??

Is anything being done to STOP this from going on...An INCENTIVE to KEEP Present ATCO's here?? & NOT a DIS-INCENTIVE, to pay a 'FINE' to keep people from leaving!!!!:yuk:

Another minimal 10% Increase is NOT gonna make much wonders & stop people form leaving!! INFLATION way on the rise...So we will wait & see what will happen......

Out & ReCharging

Aviator 1972
6th May 2007, 19:54
I Can only comment on AUH APP/TWR sector salaries.

An ATCO working for SERCO transfered to Dubai last year and the GM's remarks to him was...."Why leave, there is a huge increase comming soon for AUH ATCO's!!"

Ya right...the huge increase was 5%:D

About 80% of the locals (Arab) ATCO's joined SERCO during the past 4 years and they are all stuck on the SERCO salary scales which is a bit less than that of Dubai. The allowance for housing does not even come close to that of the Dubai ATCO's.

Some local ATCO's elected to remain with the DCA who were in charge of the AUH Airport for many years..I think there are still 5 of them left. These are the only guys who got a HUGE increase...about 100% plus on their existing salary. From what I believe, the highest is about AED 50k per month. However their future are pretty dimm as they have the option to either join the new ADAC Company who now manage the Airport, or take up any other position in the government.

So, regarding HUGE salary increases here....non-existent.

1. Cost of living increased tremendously during the past 6 years.
2. Accommodation increased about 60% during the past 6 years.
3. The $ decreased against all other currencies...AED pegged to the $.
4. Serco salaries increased at an average of about 3.5% per year.

So, for all of you out there thinking of earning HUGE money, This is definately not the place!!:E

BlueSkye
7th May 2007, 04:54
Huge money is relative. To some the difference in what they earn here versus there home country is massive. To others it's neither here nor there.

Tin-Bullet
7th May 2007, 07:18
"From what I believe, the highest is about AED 50k per month. However their future are pretty dimm as they have the option to either join the new ADAC Company who now manage the Airport, or take up any other position in the government.":yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

So all those figures mentioned in previous posts are rumours or non existent?

If you say that AUH ATCOs get about 50k PER MONTH.......Then...when comparing AUH Traffic with DXB Traffic,, how much SHOULD ATCO's in DXB be earning?

All this, with all respect to AUH ATCOs, but you get my point?

Out & ReCharging