PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2002

MarcJF
6th May 2007, 10:54
I have a problem with Outlook 2002 which nobody seems able to help me with.

I run AOL with Windows XP and use Outlook for my email. This has been working for months with no issues. Yesterday Outlook stopped sending email, but still continues to receive via AOL. If I use AOL email is sent as normal.

I've checked all the settings, reinstalled everything etc. The error message I get is 554 Transmission Failed.

Now for the quirk, if I shut down and restart, open Outlook, it will allow me to send one email OK, next one I get the rejection for.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:ugh:

Bushfiva
7th May 2007, 01:29
Well I'm not an AOL user but since no-one else has stepped in, I'll have a random stab and point you in the wrong direction.

Are you trying to send through port 25? If so, you need to pick port 587 with smtp authentication.

MarcJF
7th May 2007, 07:20
Thanks, i've tried that. It seems that for some reason the AOL server is rejecting my AOL email address? Nobody on first or second line at AOL seems to be able to help, anyone recommend a good ISP that works with Outlook?

P.Pilcher
7th May 2007, 11:02
www.plus.com (http://www.plus.com) works perfectly with Outlook - I've been using them and it ever since I went broadband about 4 years ago. Never had aproblem.

P.P.

Sh3113y
7th May 2007, 14:36
Have you had any firewall or anti-virus updates/changes recently?

Otherwise try increasing the timeout period of your email account settings to check if AOL mail servers are running a little slow.