PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Road Show in Bahrain

CI100
6th May 2007, 07:34
I hear EK will be doing a road show as well in Bahrain. Is this rumour true? when? and where? Cabin or Flight Crew?

gtaflyer
6th May 2007, 08:12
ek coming to movenpick, bahrain on 9th. well better late then never i say !:) the details are on the ek group careers website.

jackbauer
6th May 2007, 08:48
Information Sessions for Experienced Pilots - Bahrain

Representatives from Emirates Airline will be coming to conduct information sessions in Bahrain on 9th May 2007.

Details are:

Movenpick Hotel, 224 Muharraq Town Bahrain (opp Airport)
10.30am – 1.30pm

The information session presentation will provide more information on Emirates, our selection program, the benefits of living and working in Dubai (including detailed information on our salary package and other associated terms and conditions) and some personal perspectives from a current Emirates pilot.

SubsonicMortal
6th May 2007, 09:16
Yep, I confirm!

Just received an email from Emirates regarding the road-show. Copied and pasted below for all to enjoy!

"Dear Mr Xx,

Representatives from Emirates Airline will be coming to conduct information sessions in Bahrain on 9th May 2007.

Details are: Movenpick Hotel, 224 Muharraq Town Bahrain (opp Airport)10.30am - 1.30pm

The information session presentation will provide more information on Emirates, our selection program, the benefits of living and working in Dubai (including detailed information on our salary package and other associated terms and conditions) and some personal perspectives from a current Emirates pilot. We will also be available to speak to you following the presentation to answer any additional queries you may have about Emirates careers or living in Dubai. Emirates' minimum requirements for Direct Entry Captains and First Officers can be found on our careers website (www.emiratesgroupcareers.com).

To help us with our planning, please register your interest in attending a particular session by emailing [email protected]. Walk-ins are welcome. Spouses/partners are also welcome to attend the information sessions. We look forward to seeing you there.

Yours sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment "

Stratosphere6000
6th May 2007, 09:33
Yup EK writing to all GF applicants informing them of the open day on 9th May Movenpick between 10.30am-01.30pm.........

CI100
6th May 2007, 12:26
I confirm recieving the same exact e-mail but something fishy about it is that it came from [email protected] Yahoo account? is someone pulling our leg? big organzation like EK uses yahoo account? why not from their own domain?

Having said that, I will be there the night before to be first in line.:O

Ghostflyer
6th May 2007, 13:06
I'd be careful, Emirates do have their own domain www.emirates.com and all the divisions.

QNH1013
6th May 2007, 14:21
The Yahoo email doesnt sound right at all.

ttg22
6th May 2007, 15:00
Some times i really get worried from people.... and we are all pilot....
Just go and have a look at EK site it's overe there or do you think that somebody changed theyr page?:cool:

Good luck for all the one interested I'm not:ok:

TTg22

ttg22
6th May 2007, 15:02
or maybe I will paste for you.......

and this is from EK website.

"Information Sessions for Experienced Pilots - Bahrain

Details are:
Movenpick Hotel, 224 Muharraq Town Bahrain (opp Airport)
10.30am – 1.30pm

The information session presentation will provide more information on Emirates, our selection program, the benefits of living and working in Dubai (including detailed information on our salary package and other associated terms and conditions) and some personal perspectives from a current Emirates pilot. We will also be available to speak to you following the presentation to answer any additional queries you may have about Emirates careers or living in Dubai.
Emirates' minimum requirements for Direct Entry Captains and First Officers can be found on our careers website (www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/)).
To help us with our planning, please register your interest in attending a particular session by emailing [email protected] ([email protected]). Walk-ins are welcome.
Spouses/partners are also welcome to attend the information sessions.
We look forward to seeing you there."

bus787
6th May 2007, 15:38
Guys look at the way EK do things Look at the way QR do things.Webiste official and nespapers.

As I said before doesnt anybody see the way EY did their Road Show suspicous???
Why not official .heard that a lot of guys went the second day and no one was there.

SubsonicMortal
6th May 2007, 16:11
Yeah but EY never said their road-show would be over two days. There was nothing suspicious about it in my opinion.

bus787
7th May 2007, 03:14
Suspicous or not .Higly unprofessional yet.

fatbus
7th May 2007, 03:39
check the web site its there

CI100
7th May 2007, 09:26
I just ran the issue with one of my IT friend. He said the surce of the e-mail is actualy unknown. It may be from any domain, Yahoo, hotmail, Emirates,....etc. The NAME of the account contains the word "yahoo" so it would be going directly to your inbox folder instead of the Bulk folder.

Try to save the incoming address you will see that there is no domain at all.

See you all on the 9th.

CI100
9th May 2007, 17:39
What a wast of time that was,......

They played a Video that was all about Dubai, Dubai, Dubai, Dubai...... We are there to get ins and outs of the company....they are showing us the new buildings and burj al arab, and new this city, that city projects....

I watched the provided DVD .....They say the word "Dubai" 178 times in 20 mins video. that's "Dubai" every 6.7 Seconds.

No special offer or rapid answers for GF guys:= .....just apply and wait like others.....then why the hell are you guys here talking to GF guys? They didn't even asked for those whom interested and hypnotized :eek: "dubai, dubai...." :eek: please provide your application ref. no so we can expedite the matter for you......No way.

If you go to EK with 330 type and cont. flying 330....you still have to sign a bond for $36,000 USD. :mad: crapola..if you ask me.

They don't even come close to EY package.

The worst is the provided DVD is not rewritable......the cover may come in use....

my 2 cents

ironbutt57
9th May 2007, 18:03
If Emirates is so great, why do they have to come to Bahrain to recruit crew??? :confused:

journeyman
9th May 2007, 18:41
"They don't even come close to EY package."

CI100, would you mind posting the comparative entry-level contracts of EK and EY that you have received, just so the rest of us can see how far EK is lagging behind the rest of the established Gulf carriers?

Panama Jack
9th May 2007, 19:08
Checked out the roadshow out of curiousity (having been free this morning), and I have to agree with your review CI100. I thought the video was rather representative of Do-Buy-- all hyped-up glitz, precious little substance.

They did in the end give some overview of life and the package at Emirates. Overall, a disappointing morning, but hey, not all was lost-- after all, they did have free cookies and coffee.

jinglied
10th May 2007, 00:34
..hhmmm..

From the comments here, I'm not totally surprised at all the hype about DOO-BYE. I would have expected a more balanced presentation though.

One of the main reasons guys have left recently is the fact that they DO NOT want to live in Dubai anymore. It's become unbearable for them, their wives. etc. Maybe the company is attempting a response to this?

..maybe basings? O.K...NOT :{

Jinglie'd

Panama Jack
10th May 2007, 03:52
According to the Recruitment Pilot who was one of the two presenters, a Captain Robert Scaddan, there will be no outside basings. He made it sound like "ever."

I've heard from someone else that this is part of the entire "Do-Buy" strategy for expat employees, attract them over with fantastic stories, but also, get them to spend in Do-Buy what they earn. Having foreign basings means the money goes elsewhere. See you at City Centre.

jinglied
10th May 2007, 06:07
P.J.

Sounds about right and similar to what I have heard. Basings are NOT going to happen.

The fantastic stories about Dubai will probably be a cornerstone of marketing for new recruits.

But..this morning...

TWO major accidents on the "**** YER DEAD" highway! (again) One going into town, one going out. Multiple cars involved, one of the accidents very serious, ambulance etc.. The other,.. I'm not sure.

As I've mentioned before, this is a MAJOR reason guys are leaving, not necessarily the company. If the company can't fix Dubai, I suppose they make it look as good as possible. Salesmanship, salesmanship...

Jinglie'd

wastafarian
10th May 2007, 06:28
. . . and remember kids . . . . keep discovering! :}