PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating / Job Prospects in UK

HomerSimpson
17th May 2000, 21:13
Does anyone out there know if there are any Biz jet companies that will except part payment for a type rating towards something like a Learjet or Citation. I will have a JAA CPL(R)/IR soon and would like to break in to the biz-jet market (who wouldn't) once qualified. I would be a low hours pilot, (like most). However, most of you know that an approved type rating is required which costs a lot of money. I am able to pay for half of it and get bonded for the rest.
If anyone knows of any companies I could write to and ask their requirements and views it would be of great use. Thank guys and girls.
Anyone for a doughnut? ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Redline
18th May 2000, 00:49
If you had a type rating it would make a big difference. Try buying a King Air 200 rating, there are a few co's out there that would take your arm off.
PS I don't know where to get said rating (not since 1/1/00) but you might like to try FRA in Bournemouth (who will be ridiculously expensive but will make anybody else you find seem cheap)

JJflyer
18th May 2000, 09:33
Unfortunately it is a big gamble to put money into a typerating unless you have guarantees that you will actually get hired after the completion of the course.
Ofcourse if you have tons of money to throw away it is a totally different matter.

JJ

HomerSimpson
19th May 2000, 00:14
Thanks guys for the information. Like most I don't have money to throw away, butI think the best thing to do would to approach companies and see if they are willing to bond me once getting the type rating. If you know any companies or people to speak to so I can get their opinions and some feedback, it would be grately appreciated.

------------------

HomerSimpson
19th May 2000, 00:20
Thanks guys for the information. Like most I don't have money to throw away, butI think the best thing to do would to approach companies and see if they are willing to bond me once getting the type rating. If you know any companies or people to speak to so I can get their opinions and some feedback, it would be grately appreciated. ;)

------------------

HomerSimpson
19th May 2000, 00:26
Thanks guys for the information. Like most I don't have money to throw away, butI think the best thing to do would to approach companies and see if they are willing to bond me once getting the type rating. If you know any companies or people to speak to so I can get their opinions and some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

------------------

Redline
19th May 2000, 00:40
GA operators that may entertain a conversation:
Platinum,Northolt
Gold,Cambridge-Biggin
Sterling,Norwich
LEA,Stansted-Stapleford
Manhatten,Blackbushe
Chauffair,Farnborough
CEGA,Goodwood
GAMA,Fairoaks

That should keep you busy!

HomerSimpson
19th May 2000, 00:46
Thank you for the details. I am just off to write those letters. :)

------------------