PDA

View Full Version : SE UK GOSSIP

ENG OUT
26th Oct 1999, 15:19
Heard a rumour Skyhopper are moving to another airfield so they can operate in conjuction with a Bizjet company,maybe buying or leasing an airfield.Only one that springs to mind is Northolt anybody got any insider info ? or gossip

Daifly
26th Oct 1999, 22:32
Give me a clue as to who Skyhopper are please?

I've heard a few rumours (Northolt is a red herring I think - RAF like it too much) and think this may tie in with something.

Thanks.

ENG OUT
27th Oct 1999, 03:30
SKYHOPPER are a new company that replaced Virgin Heli's at Wycombe Air Park when it all went tits up a while back and they have been marketing fractional ownership alot over the last few months on heli's Bell 430 S76 etc,heard a reliable source somethings going on ,maybe with Netjets?and being based at an airfield eg Northolt at a guess or other location (see rotorhead section)any of you crews know of anything ?

Daifly
27th Oct 1999, 22:13
No not in that case - NetJets are exploding atm tho, so nothing would surprise me.

Northolt is big in the world of NetJets (both US and EU) so I suppose it's an ideal base. Also there is a lot of hangar space going at NHT currently - maybe there's a link!?! I think we should know!

birddog
28th Oct 1999, 20:27
Netjets is based out of Portugal with the aircraft going where and when needed. To my knowledge there are no plans at the moment to base aircraft out of the UK. I also believe that they don't tend to tie themselves up with 3rd party operators. Since their business is Fractional ownership I wouldn't put to much stock in the rumour concerning Skyhopper.

ENG OUT
28th Oct 1999, 22:13
skyhopper are up to something,Netjets was just a guess as to who it might be.

On the subject of Helicopters,any of you Bizjet lot need Twin Heli's for your Clients/Owners Email me and we can talk further.Once and while I find myself meeting customers stepping off a bizjet and being whisked off somewhere.Would be nice to build a bit more of a client base with you chaps and be more closely linked with your market

Daifly
29th Oct 1999, 03:13
Don't work for SkyHopper do we?!?!?

ENG OUT
29th Oct 1999, 13:17
You must be joking!
I operate on 109's,that gives a big clue
You must be down at Farnborough then?

[This message has been edited by ENG OUT (edited 29 October 1999).]

Daifly
29th Oct 1999, 16:16
No way!!

EGTF.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif)

Daifly