PDA

View Full Version : Where to do a joy flight in a modern jet fighter???

SkyFire
17th Oct 1999, 08:09
Could anyone tell me where to find information about flying a modern jet fighter for fun anywhere around the world?? Are there any related websites that I can take a look at? How much would that cost??
Thanx.

JJflyer
17th Oct 1999, 09:07
Hello there.
If you have a real desire to go and drill holes in the sky ... and burn anywhere between 5000USD to 10000USD an hour.
You have several choises... South Africa Ukraine and Russia.
Types like L39 Albatross MIG21 MIG29 MIG25 Sukhoi SU27, Jet provost, Hawker Hunter ,BAC Lightning I believe that Buccaneer will be available shortly in SA.
In US you can buy time in WW II fighters like the P51 Mustang.

Additionally in JETWARBIRD TRAINING CENTER provides courses in the following A/C
L29, L39,Fouga Magister,T-33, MIG15, MIG17
they are located in Santa Fe New Mexico
You can reach them on the internet www.jetwarbird.com (http://www.jetwarbird.com)
alternatively you can call or fax them
+1-505-471-4151 Phone +1-505-4716335 FAX

Look into magazines like the British Airforces Monthly or the Japanese Koku-Fan, You can find more info in these.

Hope this was of any help.

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 17 October 1999).]

Vx
17th Oct 1999, 17:19
Yeah but make sure the bang seat works and/or you have a slimpack parachute tied onto you. The terrain may not be accommodating if the thing stops and it wont get slower than 130kias etc. OK for a PA32.
Similarly a tail pipe burn through with a fuselage mounted engine will spell doom for the elevator/rudder control rods ie the aircraft too.
You would need quite a few hours ground training before the flight for this.
If not then stay home.
A Mig15 did all of the above in Oz a few years ago; the crew had none of the above.
If its all there, have fun !

[This message has been edited by Vx (edited 17 October 1999).]