PDA

View Full Version : Boring

StressFree
14th May 2000, 21:47
The BizJet forum seems to be in danger of extinction due to lack of interest. There must be some news or chat out there somewhere. In the meantime some humour:
How many line engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. They just declare darkness to be the new industry standard.
Not very amusing I admit. Any superior jokes are welcome.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Bendo
15th May 2000, 03:22
There are other fora more boring and less active than this.

Most Bizjet/GA topics, in the Australian context at least, are discussed in the D&G forum.

If you want to make things more "interesting", change user names and start abusing people ;)

------------------
Bendo: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down..."

NdekePilot
15th May 2000, 22:45
Gimme a nice corporate job and gimme something to write about!!

Bendo
16th May 2000, 03:39
NICE corporate job? Like 24 hours, 7 days on call?

...free tickets to the football with the boss?

...eating and drinking for free on tropical Hamilton Island resort?

...(in my job at least) usually wandering around small (or big) towns on your own 'cos you're a single pilot operation?

Getting an all-expenses paid trip to the USA to do a Slowtation Endorsement and Flight Safety sim course?

....yeah, I suppose there is good and bad... :)

------------------
Bendo: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down..."

V1 Rotate
17th May 2000, 10:10
BORING? Maybe all the other Jet jocks are busy flying off to exciting places and enjoying the veiw from the "office", Like me, and are too busy!!
I know that I definatley have the best job in the world and wouldn't change it for anything.
I fly a Citation and a 125, do around 60 hours a month to a whole variety of destinations around Africa and the Indian Ocean! Great fun!

StressFree
18th May 2000, 13:40
V1Rotate,
Sounds good, I flew 125's for nearly 10 years, amongst other types, and never got bored with them at all. Times have moved on though ie. a G IV which has a good view inside and out!
Whereabouts in Africa do you visit? I went to Tamanrasset, Algeria, a while back - interesting place.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

V1 Rotate
18th May 2000, 18:35
Stress Free,
Sounds like the G IV is the way to go!
We fly from Durban to anywhere between Capetown and Nairobi. We often go to Mauritius and sometimes Madagascar.
Nearly every time we fly it is to somewhere different.
Never boring!
V1 Rotate

JJflyer
20th May 2000, 01:25
Hey Wizard... You got yourself a job don't ya ???
Well... Stop whining and enjoy your NOE ( Nap Of the Earth ) flying times .
You wont be able to that stuff in a King Air or such.

JJ

Truly a Freeflyer
21st May 2000, 18:45
Hi V1R otate

I also have a good job being a busdriver.
So tell me your corp. name so i can write them a letter to hire me. Seems to be horrible to boring myself in a job likes yours.

A very boring busdriver

------------------
If you can't do it in the air, do it in a bus!

Bokkerijder
22nd May 2000, 11:04
Yeah Wizzard !
Stop whining !!! I'll trade with you any day !

I'm from The Netherlands and there are almost NO jobs here ! I have 850 hours total time (500 in a Dash 7, flown in the States) and I can't get a job.
GA is virtually non-existent. It sound stupid, but here in Holland competition is so fierce that you can call yourself fortunate (?) if you're selected by a small commuter airline to pay ($ 35.000,-) for your type rating.

Look at it from the bright side dude, at least you're building flight time.
Take a good look outside from your 'office with a view' and try having some fun getting that experience !

[This message has been edited by Bokkerijder (edited 22 May 2000).]

V1 Rotate
22nd May 2000, 19:49
I stick by what I said about ours being the best job in the world. It is such a pity that more of us don't do more to promote the Biz Jet Industry. I hear so much whinging and whining every day from pilots but I seldom hear guys promoting the virtues of the Industry.
I think we should all do more to promote Biz Jet Aviation, then there might be a whole bunch more jobs!

Shanwick Shanwick
22nd May 2000, 23:02
Stress Free,

Let me tell you about boring!!!

How's things?

StressFree
23rd May 2000, 16:58
Mr.Shanwick,
Afternoon, things are going well thanks, I replied to your post a few weeks ago about GA jobs. Surely youre not keen to change jobs? It cant be that boring! There are a few things around but as usual its who you know. Are you bonded?
More discussion on the landline.
All the best.
PS Any improvement on the totty????????

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Mzee
23rd May 2000, 20:09
Good on you V1

I can't think of a better environment than flying to various a/f's world-wide albeit at shortish notice but with a crew you know, an a/c you know and enjoying the challenge of getting the job done despite the vagaries of SLF being adrift/change of dest/"I brought my trainer and his dogs, is that OK?"

A spot of 'it can be done-itis' goes a long way!!, the short notice changes keep you on your toes and the varied routes & a/f's keep your professional interest piqued!! Surely a better way to fly than twice a day every day to Palma for the next 6 months!! (nothing against Palma - I know a lovely hotel in the hills).

200Lbs of Baggage!
26th May 2000, 01:01
StressFree

How many Captain's does it take to change a lightbulb????!!!!!

;)

StressFree
26th May 2000, 17:14
200lbs Baggage,
I believe it only takes one captain to change a bulb - he (she) holds on to the new one a the world revolves around him.
Another one - How many engineers does it take to change the bulb?
None - they try to convince you that a dead bulb is a useful feature.
Not that amusing I agree.

Interesting handle 2oolbs - any story behind it?

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

200Lbs of Baggage!
26th May 2000, 21:44
Prehaps 185Lbs would be more familiar !! - although I guess 200Lbs of Ballast would probably have been a better handle, I might change it what do you think?! :)

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
27th May 2000, 15:13
I've changed my handle!

Not that interesting I'm affraid, the story, that is:

It is rumored that some "Four Bars" consider us right hand seat occupants, to be no more than 185 Lbs of Ballast!! - Only jesting of course :)

StressFree
27th May 2000, 22:34
185lbs Ballast,
Hmmmm, an inside job eh? Very sneaky, bad form, will discuss further over large beers, which you will of course buy! Now as to your status as flight deck ballast, who said you were that valuable? Humour of course.
Comments on the leader?
Squash is overdue, snooker is on in the next few days, ring the usual number.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
28th May 2000, 20:53
Ahh!! Captain oh my Captain!! ;)

Someone once said that if you've nothing nice to say then shut the fu?k up, or at least, it was something along those lines!
I shall therefore refrain from commenting on the illustrious leader ;)

BEER/SNOOKER/SQUASH/YOU PAYING all sound good to me!

Cheers

Ballast!

mutt
28th May 2000, 21:15
Was chatting to a "corporate" Captain a couple of days ago, he was explaining about his demanding lifestyle. His last trip consisted of the VIP deciding that he didnt want the airplane or crew on the same Caribbean island as him. So the plane and 15 crew blasted off to Cancun for 10 days at an all-expenses-paid resort.....
SOunds like a hard life, but i suppose that someone has to do it!!!!

btr_nz
30th May 2000, 18:29
Gidday,
I'm would like to get into the corporate jet work and wondered of anyone had tips or contact address for me.
I've got 1400 hrs made up of charter and geo survey,75 hrs jet and would love a co job anywhere.

Any help appreciated,

As for GA am currently flying a C210 low level survey around Namibia and loving it but would like to make that step up the rung.

Cheers
email [email protected]

before landing check list
3rd Jun 2000, 10:47
Hey v1. I am looking for a serious carreer change. US ATPL, 6500tt C550. How do I get that kind of international position? How did you start? It sounds like a very interesting flying job. Thanks.

------------------
carpe diem

[This message has been edited by before landing check list (edited 03 June 2000).]

V1 Rotate
3rd Jun 2000, 19:00
When you think you are doing your best, do better.
When you are trying your hardest, try harder.
Never be satisfied with your last performance.
Perseverance will always win in the end.
There is no better work!
V1 Rotate

ozone ranger
4th Jun 2000, 00:57
In my aviation career I have flown for the goverment, a small airline and corporate. With the RIGHT boss corporate is the only way to go.

I left a ten year career as a B-727 captain with the goverment to go back to work flying a "little" Sabre 65 for an old boss of mine. While I was working for the goverment I flew 9,700hr in ten years. If that wasn't enough when the pilots weren't flying we had to sit in an office for eight hours a day. The normal week was four days of flying and the fifth day in the office. The flying days consisted a 08:00 takeoff (06:30 show time) three to five stops with five to six hours of scheduled flying time and a crew duty day of ten to eleven hours. The next day you get up and do it again. The salary was ok not great, I was a GS-14 and we were paid true time and a half overtime which worked out to be in the range of $100,000.00 USD a year ( about half of what a 72 captain for a major airline makes ).

I went back to work for former employer for a considerable raise in salary, an unlimited expence account, excellent fringe benifits and on any extended trips my wife comes with me.

And yes I do miss flying the 72, but not that much!

So in my case, corporate is the way to go.

[This message has been edited by ozone ranger (edited 03 June 2000).]

V1 Rotate
4th Jun 2000, 08:49
Ozone,
Way to go!
Tell us a little more about flying the Sabre.
:)V1 Rotate :)

ozone ranger
4th Jun 2000, 22:37
The Sabre 65, for a twenty year old airplane, does a fantastic job for a small jet. On short range trips up to 1,500 kt miles it can cruise at .80m so it is fairly fast.

However it's range for it's class aircraft is what is outstanding. One of our regular runs is from Houston Texas KHOU to Bogota Colmbia SKBO, a distance of 2,000 natuical miles. We can carry four paxs with a lot of baggage, the flying time from KHOU to SKBO ranges from 4.8 to 5.2 hrs and I have never landed with less than 2 hrs of fuel left.

All other small jets that have that type of performance cost two to three times more. The aircraft is very easy to fly with simple systems.

Five hours is about all the time I like to sit in an airplane anyway, no matter how big it is. But I guess I going to have to put up with longer flights again because we are buying a Falcon 900EX. Oh well, still beats working for living.

V1 Rotate
5th Jun 2000, 21:40
Ozone,
Sabre sounds like a lot of fun. certainly beats working. Would love to fly one.
We have just completed a sortie to Lusaka, Nairobi & Entebbe. Beats working.
Off to Zimbabwe tomorrow. Malawi on Thurs. Freetown on Sat. When I come the States in September I am keen to fly a Sabre.
V1 Rotate

jet jones
6th Jun 2000, 18:11
Some people have all the luck.
I work in a Bank. Crunch numbers all day
Saving like hell to complete PPL.
Do not go to exciting places
scene from office window is ****
office is at FL0.000
Well as they say No condition is permanent
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
live to fly

StressFree
18th Jun 2000, 21:08
Anyone got any jokes?
I've heard a few lately but none worth telling.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

StressFree
24th Jun 2000, 10:29
That just about sums it up, my thoughts entirely.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'