PDA

View Full Version : Advice Requested.....

Shanwick Shanwick
16th Oct 1999, 02:00
Can anyone help?

A while ago now, I spent three years flying Citation 1's for various companies and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it was the early 90's, most companies were downsizing and , as usual, the aircraft was the first thing to go. This happened to me three times before i decided to go into the (more) secure world of commercial aviation.

After a few years of driving hundreds of pax back and forward across the pond I would like to return to the more interesting world of GA.

Can anyone tell me the following?

1; Has job security improved?

2; What's the going rate these days?

3; Where do I find the jobs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JJflyer
17th Oct 1999, 09:16
Where would you like to fly ... EU ,US, Asia.
Pleace specify.
To answer your questions briefly:

1. Yes
2. Comparable to airlines depending on the company you work for. Many corporate jobs even have full retirement benefits including medicare.
3. Depends where you want to work. but PPrune ,word of mouth, Clearing houses, aviation publications etc.

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 17 October 1999).]

Shanwick Shanwick
17th Oct 1999, 20:49
JJFlyer

Thanks for the Information. I am UK based and would like to remain so. I've got a UK ATPL, a US CPL, Bermuda and Cayman Validations.

Do you know of any appropriate jobs?

Daifly
18th Oct 1999, 15:13
I know I say it all the time, but Hamlyn Jet at Luton are expanding, and must have vacancies for FO's on whole host of Citations - just about all levels except the X.

As for the rest of the industry, it's settled down a bit, but there are still vacancies in the lower echelons of the TP's.

Good luck!

JJflyer
18th Oct 1999, 17:48
I'll Email you some info a bit later today...

JJ

Shanwick Shanwick
18th Oct 1999, 18:23
Cheers JJ

Daifly....I'd rather not go back to the Citations, I was hoping for something more like the 800/1000, Canadair's, Falcon 50/900 etc. Thanks for the thought though

Daifly
19th Oct 1999, 00:45
No problems - thought I'd repeat it three times in case you didn't get the message! Computers eh!?!

In that case, try Shell at Heathrow - G4, FA50. Go and see everyone at Farnborough - the jobs are there! Pester people I guess!

rogerthatone
22nd Oct 1999, 09:05
You could try Harrods Executive Aviation at LHR, Jet Aviation are probably also worth a try as they have lots of bases and work from Europe try +41 61 325 2040 and take a look at www.jetaviation.com (http://www.jetaviation.com) .

You might also look into some of the new Fractional Ownership operators popping up as they seem to be ordering more new Corporate Rockets than anyone else. Executive Jet, Raytheon and I think Gulfstream are all players in this growing market sector. Good hunting - hope this helps.

StressFree
7th Nov 1999, 23:05
Im with Ford of Europe on MD-87's and 125's, send me a mail for some details.